Mediterranean cuisine always leaves diners wanting more. Known for its simple yet exotic ingredients, Mediterranean flavors derive from countries around the Mediterranean Sea; Greece, Italy, and Middle Eastern countries such as Lebanon and Turkey, just to name a few. Chicago is no stranger to this remarkable cuisine. Here are 10 of the best Mediterranean restaurants in Chicago.
A hidden gem on W Taylor Street, Jubranos is the perfect spot for a quick, delicious meal. Along with friendly service, the food is fantastic. Delightful Greek and Mediterranean flavors will grab your attention in no time. The menu offers chicken gyros sandwiches, veggie wraps, and the famous gyros cheeseburger. The secret of this wonderful cheeseburger comes from its fresh quality and tzatziki sauce.
Jubranos, 1519 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL, USA +1 312 666 8681
The Halal Guys
The Halal Guys began as a hot dog cart in New York City in 1990. 25 years later, it has grown to be a delicious global phenomenon. One of the restaurants is in Chicago on Division Street, and it lives up to the hype. Halal Guys is known for its blend of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean flavors. The menu includes platters of chicken or gyro, rice, and the famous white sauce drizzled on top. If your tastes buds can handle extra spice, try the platter with some hot sauce for a fiery experience.
The Halal Guys, 49 W Division St, Chicago, IL, USA +1 312 877 4475
I Dream of Falafel
I Dream of Falafel is a lively, pleasant, and contemporary counter-service restaurant. This quick and casual place offers a wide range of Mediterranean ingredients. From fresh falafel to tender shawarma, it carries organic selections to complement all nutritional needs. IDOF lets guests personalize and create their own meals, so whether you are trying to eat healthy or just need a fresh bite, IDOF will satisfy any of those desires.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
I Dream of Falafel, 555 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL, USA +1 312 559 3333
Elegant and quaint Kabobi Grill is all about bringing traditional flavors together. It does not shy away from providing its guests a little bit everything. Kabobi offers a blend of Persian and Mediterranean selections. Try the tender and delectable chicken koubideh kabob with dill rice; this beautiful dish is presented on a round, silver plate with a bottom layer of flat bread, and the top is filled with meat, rice, and vegetables.
Kabobi Grill, 4748 N Kedzie Ave, Chicago, IL, USA +1 773 583 1400
Zaytune Mediterranean Grill
Zaytune Mediterranean Grill prides itself on offering a customized, modern take on traditional Mediterranean cuisine. It offers a wide range of options, such as grilled wraps, steak shawarma, traditional falafel, lentil soup, and baklava. Zaytune is also known for its exceptionally fresh ingredients. Guests are sure to notice that items such as hummus or the grill platter are served with the cleanest herbs, vegetables, and bread, for a memorable experience.
Zaytune Mediterranean Grill, 3129 S Morgan St, Chicago, IL, USA +1 773 245 6300
Dawali Mediterranean Kitchen
Dawali Mediterranean Kitchen offers authentic Mediterranean flavors, and homemade aromas fill the air as guests choose from a variety of items on the menu. Dishes include the spicy chicken sandwich and the falafel sandwich, and you can order your own combination plates with the finest ingredients.
Rōti Mediterranean Grill
Refreshing, colorful, and scrumptious, Rōti Mediterranean Grill offers its guests a personalized experience, in which they can chose from the healthiest ingredients. This place is considered a ‘Chipotle’ for Mediterranean food. Begin by choosing a sandwich, salad, or plate, and fill it up with whatever you wish. The possibilities are endless, from meat and veggies to toppings and sauces. Rōti prides itself on holding the title of ‘Food That Loves You Back,’ due to its healthy ingredients and exceptional taste.
Rōti Mediterranean Grill, 33 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL, USA +1 312 962 9000
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.