You’ve got some groomsmen on the East Coast, some on the West Coast, and a few in between, so where do you meet up for the bachelor party? Chicago, of course! Mix and match the following hotels, activities, and bars to customize the ultimate summer bachelor party weekend in the Windy City.
Brunch … but manly
Chicago has plenty of brunch spots, many of which offer bottomless drink options or specials to get the party started. Check out Bub City for heavier fare and a create-your-own Bloody Mary bar. Also check out The Biscuit Man in Lakeview. Set inside The Long Room, The Biscuit Man serves hearty bowls and customizable sandwiches that will have you well prepared for a day of alcohol-accompanied activities.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Where to stay
Most every Chicago neighborhood has outstanding restaurants, bars, and activities to offer. When figuring out where to stay, it might be best to choose your activities first and then consider what you want to have within walking distance. However, if the lodging of choice is a bit out of the way, it’s no problem; in the city, chances are there’s a nearby “L” or bus stop, or you can always Uber or Lyft.
On a budget
Hotel rooms in Chicago don’t generally come cheap. If you’re working within a budget, Airbnb might be a good alternative, especially if everyone wants to stay together. There are many places available across the city.
A typical Chicago hotel room will probably run between $200 and $400 per night. Consider ACME Hotel in River North for a hipster vibe with all the gadgetry you could possibly require, complete with an Amazon Echo. ACME also offers the Hair of the Dog and the Guys Getaway packages, which seem tailor-made for bachelor parties.
For truly luxe lodging try the Waldorf Astoria in Gold Coast (and you can counteract the luxury with the close proximity to the late-night dive bars). The hotel offers one- and two-bedroom suites, so depending on how many people there are, the party might be able to share the space – and the expense. Waking up in 400-thread-count sheets is sure to dull the ache of the inevitable hangover.
From the many festivals to the music venues, and more, Chicago is filled with events in the summer. Be sure to check out one-time and annual events that might occur while you’re in town. Here are a few classics that are always a good time.
Rent a boat on Lake Michigan
Lake Michigan offers a lot in terms of activities, and the Midwest beaches get the job done surprisingly well. For a day on the water, check out Boatsetter. Described as an Airbnb for boats, owners will rent out their boats when they’re not using them, and some will even captain them for you. Whether fishing, cruising, or drinking is your goal, there’s a boat for you.
There’s a reason the Daily Herald nominated Arlington Park as a 2018 Readers’ Choice Best Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Venue. Take the Metra rail or grab a cab and head to nearby Arlington Heights to place bets on the horse races or to simply take in the sights with a drink in hand. The park offers food and drink packages for large groups and special events, so be sure to inquire.
Take in a baseball game
Chicago has some die-hard baseball fans, as was evidenced when the city dyed the Chicago River blue when the Cubs won the world series in 2016 after more than a century without a pennant. Whether rooting for the Cubs or the White Sox, a baseball game in Chicago is always a fun experience with the boys.
With wood-paneled interiors, a meat-centric menu, and an extensive drink list inclusive of beer, wine, cocktails, and spirits, upscale gentlemen are sure to enjoy GT Prime. For a casual night of pizza and beer on the perfect patio, head to Parlor Pizza Bar in West Loop or Wicker Park. To refuel with tacos and margaritas on your way to the next bar, try Wicker Park’s Big Star. You might have to wait for a table, but this Chicago classic is well worth it. For dinner, or for a pick-me-up later on, head to award-winning Au Cheval in West Loop for fare that redefines diner food.
Where to drink
Now the real party begins! Chicago has a long list of bars and clubs that offer something for everyone, including a few that have activities other than drinking, just in case some of the boys need a breather. For arcade games with a full bar, try Headquarters Beercade in River North, or start a ping-pong tournament at AceBounce or SPiN. Stop by Kingston Mines blues club in Lincoln Park for live music with extensive beer and cocktail lists. For more of a club atmosphere, try Joy District, which is known for its outstanding rooftop, or head to nearby Studio Paris Nightclub. For a late-night ’90s dance party, Innjoy in Wicker Park or Logan Square is the place.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.