There’s no need to leave your cat or dog at home when you visit Atlanta, you just need to check into one of these pet-friendly hotels. The capital of Georgia is known for its restaurants, bars and historic theaters, such as Fox Theatre, and some of these places to stay are attractions in their own right – like the B&B with its own goat farm.
Many of these hotels are close to Atlanta’s parks for walking your dogs and your pet will feel right at home with treats, toys and even their own gourmet room service menu, depending on where you stay.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Two pets are welcome at the luxury Omni Atlanta Hotel in the heart of Downtown Atlanta. You’ll be greeted with pet treats at reception and Centennial Park is right across the street for walks. There’s a weight limit of 25lb (11kg) per pet and a cleaning fee of $125, but your companion can be left in the room while you explore. Suites have views of the downtown skyline and CNN Center, plus there’s a sundeck with a hot tub.
You’ll be spoilt for dog-walking choices staying at the Ellis Hotel, with Woodruff, Centennial and Piedmont Parks all close by. There’s a limit of one dog weighing under 40lb (18kg) per room for a $20 fee, one of the cheapest in Atlanta, and your pet will be showered with amenities, including bowls and treats. The boutique hotel is decked out in earthy Georgia tones with rooms boasting stone showers.
You don’t get much more pet-friendly than Hotel Indigo, which has its own live-in dog, Indie, doggy yoga classes and a pet patio area. Cats and dogs can be left unattended for short periods of time for a $75 fee. The hotel’s decor is inspired by the historic Fox Theatre that lies across the street, with glittery sofas and show-poster wall murals. Head to the hotel’s popular 683 bar and bistro for a pre-show dinner and drinks.
Loews was the first US hotel chain to launch a dedicated pet program, which means a gourmet pet room service menu, toys, bedding, bowls and lots of treats. You’ll also be given a dog-walking map that features neighbouring Piedmont Park’s off-leash zone. There’s a limit of two pets per room plus a $75 cleaning fee, but crated animals can be left alone. Loews Atlanta prides itself on hospitality for humans too, with a chauffeur service, luxury suites and a spa.
If you fancy staying at a restored Atlanta landmark with a distinctive Spanish façade, the Artmore Hotel is for you. Standout features include a sculptural reception wall and courtyard, with a fountain and a fire feature. Loft-style suites are ideal for pet stays, with lounge areas and kitchens. The hotel allows one pet weighing up to 75lb (34kg) to stay for a $75 per night fee. The Barkmore Package includes a bowl, doggie pillow, treats and chew toy.
The Social Goat is the only hotel in Atlanta with its own small farm complete with, you guessed it, goats. This family-run B&B, built in 1900 and once a working farm, is set in a grand house. Today, it has almost an acre of land with a miniature barnyard which is home to birds and cats as well as goats. There are three pet-friendly rooms – the one-bed Carriage House, two-bed Hog Heaven apartment and Rooster Cottage, all of which are available for $25 per pet, per stay
In midtown near Piedmont Park, this hotel has its own rooftop pool deck, spa and farm-to-table restaurant, TRACE. The pet policy at W Atlanta Midtown allows for one pet weighing up to 40lb (18kg) to stay for a $100 fee and an extra $25 per night. Well-behaved pets can be left in rooms alone so you can enjoy the hotel perks and Atlanta sights, plus you’ll be given pet treats, a bed and bowls.
Come to Hotel Clermont for its up-market location on Ponce de Leon Avenue and popular rooftop skyline bar. Take in the views over the city while you snack from the street food cart and enjoy summer wine slushies. As well as calming green-hued rooms, the Clermont’s two suites, Ruby and Flossie, have generous living spaces which are ideal for pet visits. Friendly dogs are welcome at the hotel for a $50 charge per pet, per stay.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.