Turn up the heat in the Sunshine State with spa hotels, healthy restaurants and yoga studios that’ll leave you rested and restored, whatever the season.
Prefer sandcastles to snowmen? Miami is renowned for its reliably mild winters, attracting migrating snowbirds from further north in America and manatees, too. Spend a few days soaking up this sunny city’s wonders, and the winter blues will soon become a distant memory. Want to skip winter and chill out in the city where the heat is on? Here are some of the best ways to slow down and destress in Miami.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This organic vegan restaurant ticks every health-food buzzword, but it’s far from lip service. Manna’s self-proclaimed mission is to help everyone eat “más plantas” (more greens) – and there’s not a limp lettuce leaf or imitation meat in sight. Try the superfood arepas, stuffed with gut-friendly avocado, spirulina chimichurri and hemp hearts, or chow down on a sushi-burrito hybrid norito packed with roasted veggies and turmeric brown rice for a vitamin boost.
Less hectic than its South Beach neighbors, this Mid-Beach beauty gently nudges guests into a state of utter relaxation. Lazy afternoons are best spent in the palm-lined garden, complete with two pools, luxury cabanas and a sandy-floored outdoor cinema. Aching after an al fresco yoga class? Indulge in a tension-busting CBD-oil massage at the spa, followed by the “power-nap service” said to simulate four hours of sleep in just 30 minutes, thanks to a blend of aromatherapy, relaxing audio and microcurrent technology.
Sunset Harbour is Miami’s one-stop shop for wellness, crammed with fitness centers, cold-pressed juice bars and yoga studios. Of the latter, Green Monkey is one of the best, with a generous selection of classes – held indoors and on the rooftop – to suit all levels. Yes, you may find yourself surrounded by lycra-clad yoga bunnies, but the monkey logo is a reminder not to take things too seriously – yoga isn’t about perfection, after all.
Red velvet. Tassels. Bold murals and animal print. Everything at this anti-minimalist resort is designed to surprise and delight, from the gold-leafed woolly mammoth skeleton by the pool (by Damien Hirst) to the Moulin Rouge-esque theater (masterminded, like much of the hotel’s design, by Baz Luhrmann and his wife Catherine Martin). But it’s not all in-your-face – the spa is a tranquil wonderland of shaman-inspired sound-bowl sessions, tai-chi workshops and 80-minute coconut-oil massages.
Just a 30-minute drive from Downtown Miami, this is one of the best places in Miami to spot manatees. Bring a picnic (and your patience) and keep your eyes on the water – locals will usually let you know if they’ve seen any around. For a scenic walk, wander the southern section of the Black Creek trail until you hit the slither of land that juts out into Biscayne Bay – a fine (and rare) spot to watch the sunset.
Scientists have proven that engaging with art can boost your feel-good hormones, reduce stress and improve your sense of wellbeing. Cue trendy art fair Art Basel, which runs in Miami Beach every December, bringing with it a whole host of fringe events and free exhibitions that showcase the best of the local art scene. Trendy Wynwood Walls gets a fresh lick of paint, too – so winter’s a brilliant time to come and see its vibrant murals and brand-new installations.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.