Outdoor cinema screenings, romantic rooftop spots and fine-dining French restaurants carve a way for couples in this seductive, sandside neighborhood.
Palm-lined boulevards, art deco architecture, golden sands scattered with sculpted bodies – everything symbolic of Miami, you’ll find wedded together in the South Beach neighborhood. The area’s reputation for hedonism is well deserved, and together with balmy nights, buzzing nightspots and a diverse melting pot of Latino culture, “SoBe” is among the most exciting dating scenes in the US. From sunset cocktails to outdoor movies, fire shows to French cuisine, here’s our pick of the top places to take a date – and even get a room.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Few would contest that Juvia offers diners the most spectacular views in Miami. Its ninth-floor rooftop location makes for one of the city’s most date-friendly settings, especially if you arrive for sunset. Watching the day slip into night and the lights illuminate South Beach is guaranteed to set the mood. And if you’re looking for a romantic surprise for your date, order them the Glamour cocktail, which comes with a real red rose frozen into its ice.
With a name like Intimo, you’d expect somewhere with an ambience geared towards the amorous – and this upmarket restaurant doesn’t disappoint. Dine on their leafy street-side terrace or indoors where marble, brass and a playful collection of curios create a swish-yet-cozy vibe. Their Peruvian-Japanese menu has received rave reviews, with the likes of the chilled lobster tiradito, and oyster-caviar combo with gold flakes and truffle, guaranteed to impress.
While traditional cinema has long been a surefire dating staple, it’s hardly the most romantic way to spend your evening. Head to Soundscape Park on any Wednesday between November and May, however, and you can enjoy a movie under the stars. Arrive early to snag yourself a front row “seat” on the lawn, bring a comfy blanket and a picnic dinner, sit back and enjoy. An impressive sound system and huge screen means a top cinematic experience – and, what’s more, it’s completely free.
Two things that can get a date headed in the right direction are cocktails and oysters, and this hipper-than-most bar has some of Miami’s best. It’s far enough away from the main drag to still have a neighborhood vibe, with an industrial-meets-tropical look that feels bang on-trend. Daily happy hour actually lasts a full four, offering under-a-dollar oysters and cut-price drinks. If the date’s going well, you can join the up-for-it crowd dancing to DJs well into the night.
Considered the best French restaurant among those in the know, the cozy interiors and hushed atmosphere also lend Pied a Terre an ambience particularly conducive to an intimate evening. A five-course tasting menu takes you on a journey through Gallic gastronomy, with the option to pair with wines from one of Miami’s finest cellars. The restaurant is part of the historic 1940s Cadet Hotel, so it’s convenient if the date enters shall-we-get-a room territory.
If you’re looking to impress your date with an evening of spectacle, glamor and culinary theatrics, this is the place to come. A semi-covered rooftop setting mixes up a Japanese garden with industrial chic and natural woods to gorgeous effect. By night, low-glow lighting sets the scene for thrilling fire-dancing displays to Balearic beats and flaming tabletop dishes. The menu is inventive Mediterranean-Asian fusion, and if you really want to push the boat out, opt for the Mila seafood tower with lobster, oysters and king crab.
This former home of Italian fashion legend, Gianni Versace, is every bit as opulent and extravagant as you might imagine. While much has changed since its conversion into a hotel, richly decorated interiors still bear the hallmarks of its most famous resident. Each of the suites is a study in neoclassical luxury creating a supremely romantic bolthole you’ll want to linger in. Alternately, lie by the “Thousand Mosaic Pool” or star gaze from the rooftop lounge while soaking up the flamboyance of it all.
While from the outside this towering hotel doesn’t promise too much in the way of romance, inside is a real treat for the senses. Design guru Philippe Starck was behind the whimsically glamorous interiors, so expect something special. Long leafy gardens provide plenty of sun-dappled seating, while a pick of bars and restaurants offers intimate drinks and dining. White-with-pink-accent rooms are a playful homage to Louis XV-era French aristocracy, with the somewhat saucy addition of mirrored ceilings.
Why not split up your Florida stay with a trip to Tampa; check out the best hotels near Busch Gardens, Florida, and enjoy the thrill-ride just round the corner.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.