Whether you’re visiting Orlando as a tourist or you’ve lived in “The City Beautiful” you’re entire life, having a few unusual date ideas up your sleeve is always a good thing. You’ll never have to settle for a boring night out again with these unconventional ideas; bonus points for combining a few to make it a full day of out-of-the-ordinary romance.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Pick your own strawberries
For an unusual daytime date, harvest some natural sweets with your sweetie at one of Orlando’s several “u-pick” farms, such as Brook Hollow Farms, Southern Hill Farms and Pappy’s Patch. Each farm offers something a little different, so consider stopping at a couple to make sure you two go home with delicious strawberries, blueberries, peaches and more.
Try tapas and tango
Certain areas of Orlando, Florida, exhibit a distinctly Spanish flair, so take that inspiration to heart and make a night of it by taking in some tapas and tango lessons with your favorite partner. You can reserve spots at the next Tapas & Tango night at Arthur Murray Dance Studio with some friends to make it a group date.
Beat the Florida heat by taking your date ice-skating at the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den, an Olympic-size ice-skating rink kept chilly enough to serve hot chocolate all year long. A DJ plays music on Friday and Saturday evenings, making for a fun night unlike anywhere else in Orlando.
Attend DIY wine tasting
If you love wine tastings but are looking for something a little different, check out The Wine Room at Winter Park. With more than 150 types of wine available to sample at the touch of a button, The Wine Room lets you and your date peruse the intimate eaterie and its wines at your leisure.
Go to an alternative cinema
If going to a movie is one of your go-to date ideas, consider attending the small, alternative cinema called the Enzian Theater. It shows classic, independent and foreign films in an eclectic space that serves food and drinks, and you can end the night enjoying cocktails at Enzian’s Eden Bar.
Attent a comedy show
For a date night filled with laughs, go to a comedy show at one of Orlando’s many improv and comedy clubs, such as Bonkerz Comedy Club and SAK Comedy Lab.
Tour a graveyard at night
For a really different date night, take a Moonlight Walking Tour at the historic Greenwood Cemetery in downtown Orlando. A sexton will guide you on a four-mile stroll through the 100-acre graveyard to visit nearly 100 burial sites of notable residents and point out beautiful sights on the grounds. The tours are free, but make a reservation quickly as spots on these small night-time tours fill up quick.
Visit a planetarium
For a unique visual experience, take that special someone to the Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust Planetarium at Seminole State College, which shows interactive shows on the domed overhead screen on a weekly basis. When it’s not showing how stars are born and beautiful images of the universe, the screen lights up with fabulous laser shows set to music.
A day and night at Leu Gardens
On the first Friday of most months, visit the the beautiful, 50-acre Harry P. Leu Gardens during the day and stay for a free outdoor movie showing that night. Where else can you snuggle under the stars amid lovely gardens and watch a great movie?
Make your own pancakes at a restaurant
The Old Spanish Sugar Mill Grill puts a twist on the classic “going out to breakfast” date. Since 1961, guests have been making their own pancakes just how they like them on griddles that grace the center of every table. Servers provide home-made pancake batter and toppings as well as other breakfast items from the kitchen, but you and your date will flip flap-jacks yourself. Afterwards you can enjoy the clear waters of De Leon Springs, which the restaurant overlooks.
Ride a swan on Lake Eola
Treat that special someone to a view of Orlando from the waters of Lake Eola by taking him or her out an iconic “swan” paddleboat ride. It’s a relaxing way to get close to the lake’s real resident swans and enjoy some fresh air.
Ride the SunRail for a day
Take a day to explore Orlando together riding the SunRail. You’ll be able to see everything from Winter Park to Church Street Station together.
Hike your hearts out
Spend the day exploring some of the award-winning hiking trails, such as the Seminole-Wekiva Trail or the Bear Creek Nature Trail, that Orlando has to offer. Pack a picnic to make it even more romantic.
Check out an oddities shop
If you’re looking for a really unusual date idea to try in Orlando, Florida, stop by local oddities shops such as Carmine’s Oddities Boutique and Ripley’s Believe it or Not! You’re bound to find interesting things to talk about for the rest of the day.
“See Art” around the city
You and a loved one can take the See Art Orlando self-guided walking tour to see eight large, permanent contemporary art sculptures inspired by “The City Beautiful.” It’s a fun, intimate way to see a part of the city that’s often overlooked.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.