Miami is one of the greatest destinations to fly to during the winter and spring, which is the peak season. When visiting the Magic City, be sure to hit any of these exciting destinations for an unforgettable vacation.
Your tour of Miami isn’t over until you’ve seen Wynwood, the arts district, and have attended an Art Walk, which take place every second Saturday of the month. Galleries open and offer viewings, free drinks and music, and the whole district is alive with a block party feel. Bars have DJs and local talent playing, with refreshing cocktails and food trucks serving up some tasty street food eats. You can view the street art, along with performances by drummers and dancers on every street corner.
Anyone who comes to Miami has to visit Little Havana, which is the epicenter of Cuban culture and politics in Miami. Men gather for café con leche and pastries and talk about their favorite memories from Havana. Families gather for delicious, authentic Cuban meals and Cuban ice cream. When it reopens, head to Ball and Chain, a lounge in Little Havana where people come to dance, drink, eat and listen to local bands. Viernes Culturales (Cultural Fridays), happen on the last Friday of every month. This must-see event is when the whole stretch of Calle Ocho comes together to celebrate Cuban culture, with live music, dancing, galleries that stay open to show off Cuban artists’ work, games of dominoes and people rolling and smoking Cuban cigars.
If you’re looking for a place with an outstanding view and an even more impressive lunch menu, then Juvia is the place for you. Situated on the roof of a parking garage, it features the most breathtaking view of Miami (both during the day and at night when the stars are out, and the city is lit up). Food-wise, it offers guests delicious dishes like fresh ceviche, Chilean sea bass, king crab eggs Benedict and, of course, bottomless Bellinis. If you’re looking for a romantic spot for dinner, Juvia is equally impressive at night, complete with a full bar. Make sure to wear your best attire for this spot.
At some point during your vacation, make sure to hit South Beach for a great tanning session. Bring along some friends or your family and a cooler of cold drinks. When you’re ready to drink, be sure to use plastic cups as Miami Beach is very strict about glass containers on the beach. Dip into the water and catch some (small) waves. Enjoy a game of beach volleyball or go rollerblading. You’ll be sure to walk away with a golden glow and the most beautiful beachy waves.
At some point, you’ll need to make your way over to Bayside for a boat ride, some salsa dancing and to buy some trinkets to take home with you. The Bayside Marketplace is home to little shops that sell all kinds of items, including jewelry, bikinis, home decor and clothing. Take a boat ride around the bay to get some fresh air and a lovely view of downtown Miami. Afterward, stay for a filling seafood lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., or head to the Knife Parrilla for an unforgettable steak.
Shoppers and food lovers will want to check out Lincoln Road Mall, a smart cluster of stores, cafés, bars and restaurants in Miami Beach. Big brand outlets such as Lacoste and Nike can be found alongside independent shops specializing in clothing, shoes and beauty products. The hospitality offering is similarly diverse, ranging from espresso and ice cream to pizza and teriyaki. To enjoy a bargain cocktail or two, check out the various bars’ happy hours.
Additional reporting by Mark Nayler
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.