Over 100 parks in the Metro Orlando area exist, ranging from hundreds of acres of preserved land to smaller neighborhood spots. Hiking, fishing, wildlife-spotting and more can be found at the parks on this list, and all of them are perfect for fresh air and leisure activities.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Loch Haven Park
Orlando Loch Haven Park covers 45 acres and is known as a destination for the cultural arts. The park lies between three lakes: Lake Estelle, Lake Rowena and Lake Formosa, right in the Mill 50 area of town. In addition to beautiful lawns, stunning old oak trees (including “The Mayor,” a tree that is older than the Constitution), and outdoor sculptures, Loch Haven is home to the Mennello Museum of American Art, Orlando Fire Museum, Orlando Museum of Art, Orlando Reparatory Theatre and Orlando Shakespeare Theatre. It’s also the home of the annual Orlando Fringe Festival.
Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake
At the Bill Frederick Park, 183 acres of land are available to enjoy, all alongside Turkey Lake, a top-rated lake for Florida fishing. There are recreational activities, views, and campgrounds, and it’s minutes away from the major area attractions. The park is home to disc golf events, 5k runs, and other cultural and sporting activities.
Lake Underhill Park
This neighborhood park is small but beautiful, with just under nine acres of green along the southern bank of Lake Underhill. Ramps for boaters are available, and the lake is stocked for fishing. Bird-watchers will be thrilled with all the avian wildlife along the shore. Want to exercise outdoors? A 0.75-mile (1.2-kilometer) trail, complete with multiple fitness stations, awaits. The hiking trail in this park connects to other area parks in both directions—Festival Park, Orlando Skate Park, Colonel Joe Kittinger Park, West Underhill Park and Park of the Americas.
Shingle Creek Regional Park
President Obama named this local gem as one of “America’s Great Outdoors.” Shingle Creek Regional Park is at the Headwaters of the Florida Everglades. The “park” is actually several different properties, all of which Osceola County, the City of Kissimmee, South Florida Water Management District, Trust for Public Land and Florida Communities Trust, all working in partnership, purchased for conservation efforts. The area is often called the “Northernmost Headwaters of the Florida Everglades,” and it begins right in the Orlando Metro area. The best place to start a visit is at the Osceola County Welcome Center and History Museum.
Wekiwa Springs State Park
This enormous 7,000-acre Florida State Park lies 20 minutes north of Orlando, right off Interstate 4 at exit 94. The park contains the headwater of the Wekiva River, which is a Florida State Canoe Trail, an “Outstanding Florida Water” and a protected aquatic preserve. This is old Florida, a protected space that shows what the state was like before colonization. Camping is huge here and includes four sites for swimming and tubing (the water stays a cool 72°F [22°C] all year round), and it gets crowded in the summer. The wildlife in and out of the water is spectacular here, and hikers of all levels can find a trail that works for them, from under a mile (1.6 kilometers) to nearly 14 (22.5 kilometers).
Park of the Americas
The Park of the Americas offers something for every member of the family, from the smallest to the furriest. Children can have fun at the “tot lot,” and dogs can run free at the dog park. Adults can enjoy a half-mile-long path that winds through the park and features five workout stations with a combined 120 exercises for any fitness level. There are also shade pavilions, picnic areas with tables and grills, and a community meeting space that doubles as a District 2 satellite office.
Not far from Orlando International Airport is a park that offers some of the best wildlife the area has to offer. True to its name, Eagles Roost is home to bald eagles and is a protected nesting area for them, but there are also many other birds that enjoy the waters of Lake Hart. Hike the trail to the observation pier on the lake. Along the way, visit the Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge to see how local wildlife is cared for in the event of an injury or other emergencies, and meet the animal ambassadors.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.