Fort Lauderdale has an array of souvenir shops dotted around the city, but combing through them can be a hassle when you’re short on time. Read our guide to help you shop for the very best gifts in the South Florida city.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Forget Something Gift Shop
Just like its name, if you forget to buy a gift for a relative or need a pair of earplugs for the airplane ride, this convenient gift shop is the place for a quick pit stop. Located in the Rodeway Inn between Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port, this shop carries magnets, wall hangings, statuettes, T-shirts, sandals and Made in Florida gifts. It also sells over-the-counter medication like Aspirin, toiletries like toothpaste and razors, and sundries like batteries and locks for your luggage.
Six The Vacation Supply Company
If you’re hitting the beach and need shorts or a bikini, drop by here. The shop sells swimwear, sunscreen, beach towels and other beach items so you can enjoy Fort Lauderdale’s beaches in style at a great price. It’s also a mecca for t-shirts, with supplies in all sizes. An extra perk? Staff are friendly. The store also has a location in Miami Beach.
Alex’s Flamingo Groves & Gift Shop
Open since 1963, this South Florida shop is the perfect place to shop for gifts and yummy goodies. Peruse their collection of marmalades, jellies, honey, Tortuga Rum Cakes or their Fruit Porch for a taste of their juicy oranges and grapefruits. Their gift shop is also well stocked with a large variety of Florida souvenirs and gifts for under $35. Looking for a gift for your boss? Shop one of their gift baskets that include fruits and Rooibos tea.
If you’re searching for Fort-Lauderdale-by-the-sea souvenirs, this store has authentic beach gifts. From real shells to metal and wood art to jams and candies, there are all kinds of interesting trinkets here. You can even buy “Florida Gator Poop”: a chocolate candy mix for those who want to gift something out of the ordinary. They’re also home to the most unique collection of large shells and shark teeth in South Florida!
‘Bringing the beach to your home’ is this store’s motto. Their specialty is sea shells, home décor and jewelry all in a beach motif. It’s not your regular souvenir shop, as you can call ahead to place special orders or shop online. Their sailing ships make a neat gift.
This tiny souvenir shop is in a prime location and easily accessible for those walking along the Fort Lauderdale Boulevard strip, by the beach. The small shop carries swimsuits, beach gear, T-shirts and postcards.
Jezebel Vintage Clothing
A local favorite, here you can find quirky gifts for all your funky friends. From vintage clothing to greeting cards and rare accessories, this shop is worth a visit for those looking for eclectic gifts that aren’t emblazoned with ‘Fort Lauderdale’ or ‘Florida’ slogans.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.