Cocoa Beach is one sweet oceanside retreat. On the shores of the Atlantic, along Florida’s Space Coast, it’s conveniently close to the best theme parks in Central Florida. This city has it all, with fine coastal dining, great shopping and plenty of waves to catch. Just make sure you spend your vacation at one of the best hotels in the city – all bookable with Culture Trip.
Allow the Holiday Inn Express & Suites to facilitate your first foray into a longtime Floridian ritual: taking a Publix sub sandwich to the beach. You can grab a Pub Sub from the grocer right beside this Cocoa Beach hotel for lunch because the Holiday Inn already has you covered for breakfast. Meander right across the street to the shore whenever you please. And, for the record, a hulking chicken tender sub tastes just as amazing beside the pool or in your plush hotel bed.
How does the DoubleTree by Hilton improve upon the already remarkable beachfront setting? By providing oceanfront balconies for you to watch rockets take to the sky. This Space Coast beachfront hotel in Cocoa Beach is prime for lazy days spent on the beach, in the pool, or atop your balcony. It doesn’t matter where you hang out. As long as you’ve got a complimentary chocolate chip cookie in hand, you’ll be just fine.
An out-of-this-world visit to the Kennedy Space Center is made even easier with Courtyard by Marriott. Less than 20mi (32km) from the visitor center and fewer than twenty paces from the Atlantic Ocean, this tropical Cocoa Beach hotel is a fuss-free Florida vacation if there ever was one. Even when the Florida winter forces you to snug up with a hoodie, you can still enjoy the oceanfront bliss around the fire pit – or the Tiki Bar, if you’d rather warm-up that way.
Imagine what living in Florida is like with a little help from The Resort on Cocoa Beach. The two-bedroom condos have full kitchens and laundry machines, so it’s effortless to slip into a daily routine. The sun is the friendliest of neighbors, greeting you warmly every time you step out for pickleball, shuffleboard, or a dip in the pool. You could also schedule your days like a true local: hiding from the high afternoon temperatures in the game room, movie theater, or indoor play center.
You’ve flown to Florida for the warm beaches, fresh seafood, and endless rays of sunshine – and all three are on tap at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. Create your own water-based agenda or get the concierge desk to schedule surfing lessons and deep-sea fishing trips for you. Content staying close to your suite? Grab a drink with a little umbrella shading the rim at Castaway’s Beach Bar, order amazing frozen treats at Gilberto’s Gelato and Creamery, and hang out on the pool deck; all without venturing more than a few paces from your plush boudoir.
Best Western Cocoa Beach is designed with diverse travelers in mind. You can park yourself poolside in the garden courtyard rooms or get an aerial view of the pier from a beach tower suite. Put up your whole clan in the spacious rooms equipped with kitchens in the family suites building – pets are welcome too. Visiting solo? Any room will do because (let’s be honest) you’ll be spending most of your time at the beach.
Only in Cocoa for a minute? Don’t waste a second of your time; Four Points by Sheraton can pick you up at the airport or cruise docks. If you arrive early, grab a cup of Starbucks in the hotel lobby. If you make it in late, the Shark Pit Bar and Grill has a good stiff drink and a burger with your name on it. Keep the kids entertained with an outing to Golf N Gator or Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventures, then tuck them up in bed so you can hit the outdoor pool – or perhaps the 24-hour gym if you had that burger – or some much needed alone time.
Are the Atlantic Ocean, Ron Jon Surf Shop, and Kennedy Space Center on your vacation itinerary? Then check in at this treat of a retreat: you’ll love that all three are quickly accessed from Hampton Inn. Before you take the elevator from your room to the beach make a detour to Ron Jon’s shop just five minutes away for a new boogie board. When skies are clear, a 30-minute drive to Kennedy Space Center will put you at the front of the queue for a rocket launch.
If you’re staying at Discovery Beach Resort you may want to pack more than one swimsuit. When you’re not doggy-paddling in the outdoor pool or catching waves thanks to direct beach access, you may be warming your muscles in the sauna or hot tub. Don’t slip into those trunks just yet though; an afternoon of fishing awaits. And once that fish is on the line Wine Down Wednesdays at the Tiki Bar is next: bottles of wine at 50 percent off and discounted pasta dishes – you’re welcome.
For more options, discover our guide on the best hotels in Florida for every traveler and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.