Clearwater is home to some of the most pristine beaches in Florida. On a barrier island west of Tampa, the city has more than 2mi (4km) of white sands punctuated by accommodation, including retro motels, condos, and modern retreats. Even if you opt for a cheap hotel in Clearwater, you can soak up beach vacation vibes at the nightly sunset celebration at Pier 60 or grab a cocktail at a resort rooftop bar, pretending you’re a high-flying guest. To secure a bougie stay on a budget, here’s our pick of the best cheap hotels in Clearwater.
Colorful mandala-patterned bedsheets, lush grounds dotted with palm trees, and an inviting kidney pool make this pocket-friendly hotel feel more like a tropical luxury escape. With a microwave and a mini-fridge in your room, you can fill up on budget self-catering, leaving you with money to spare for a day on the greens at Clearwater Country Club, just a short walk away.
Take your pooch along to this pet-friendly hotel, where you can lounge all day by the spacious outdoor pool after filling up on the complimentary breakfast. If you’re more of an active type, use your free pass to a local fitness center to get in your daily workout. Then, when you’re ready to get out and explore, the beaches of Old Tampa Bay are less than a five-minute drive away.
Load up at the free hot breakfast buffet, or whip up a budget meal in the microwave in your room at this cheap hotel in Clearwater. Lounging by the large outdoor pool won’t cost you, either, so you can keep your costs well and truly down. If you’re traveling with a buddy, opt for a studio room, complete with a sleeper sofa. Thanks to the pet-friendly policy, you can bring your furry friend along, too.
Ideal for family getaways and long-term stays, these apartment-like suites come with full kitchens containing everything you need to cook your favorite meal and work areas so that you can clock in some hours while you’re on the road. On sunny days (isn’t that every day in Florida?), you can even cook up a storm on the grill in the outdoor gazebo. Other perks include the 24-hour fitness center and free morning coffee.
Less than a 10-minute drive from St Pete-Clearwater International Airport, this hotel is ideal if you’re flying into town. Sharing a home with the Icot Center, the hotel attracts business travelers, but there’s plenty for vacationers to enjoy, too, from swimming in the outdoor pool to skating at Clearwater Ice Arena right across the road. Wake up to a complimentary hot breakfast before hitting the ice.
Spend days floating in the palm tree-flanked outdoor pool and nights mingling by the firepit at this cheap hotel in Clearwater. The gym is open 24 hours so that you can entertain yourself for free around the clock. However, when you want to explore, you’ll find the beaches of both Tampa Bay and Clearwater within easy driving distance. If you don’t have a car, the complimentary shuttle service to and from St Pete-Clearwater International Airport makes things easier.
In the waterfront community of Safety Harbor, just outside Clearwater, this hotel features modern suites with all the comforts of home, including full kitchens with breakfast counters, separate living spaces, and spacious work desks. When you want to turn on “vacation mode,” head outside to enjoy the pool, barbecue grills, and picnic tables, or venture out to the many bars, restaurants, and shops within walking distance.
Pops of colorful furniture and artwork bring a sense of fun to the contemporary gray-and-white rooms at this hotel. If you’re traveling on a tight budget, make good use of the in-room microwaves, complimentary hot breakfast, and outdoor pool. With Clearwater, Tampa, and St Petersburg all under a 25-minute drive away, this stay is ideally located for exploring this slice of eastern Florida.
Fancy discovering more hotels in Florida? Check out our pick of the best hotels in Celebration, Florida, for every traveler.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.