There are so many fabulous beaches and so many excellent beach hotels in Florida that it can be difficult to make a choice. Palm Beach, South Beach, Miami – these are just some of the locations synonymous in the popular imagination with the sugary-white sands, turquoise waters and swaying palm trees of the Sunshine State. Whether you’re looking for an intimate bolthole overlooking the sea or a five-diamond resort, you’re spoiled for choice in Florida. In addition to stellar accommodations in themselves, there may be other factors to help you decide where to stay: an onsite Michelin-star restaurant, perhaps, or firm commitment to eco practices. Here are our top picks for beach hotels in Florida, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Overlooking the Lantana Municipal Beach in Palm Beach, here’s a beach hotel that deals in big patterns and bold design statements when it comes to decor. Expect contrasting primary colors, patterned headboards, wraparound balconies (Commander-in-Chief suite) and hanging egg chairs on garden terraces of ground-floor suites. Looking out over Lantana Municipal Beach, When dining out, choose between modern American, Italian, and Floridian/Southern cuisines – and a cocktail terrace bar overlooking the ocean. Visit the wonderful Loggerhead Marinelife Center, the hotel’s charity partner – the only sea turtle hospital in Palm Beach County, which has rehabilitated hundreds of sea turtles and thousands of hatchlings so far.
This is Palm Beach Island’s only five-star, five-diamond resort – private beach and all – ensuring that yours is a top-of-the-range luxury experience. The rooms and suites are decorated in soft pastels, from soft pinks and light blues to smoky grays. If you’re a water sports enthusiast, staff can arrange anything from stand-up paddleboarding to kayaking. As you might expect, the dining is top-notch: Florie’s utilizes live-fire cooking to conjure up modern Italian dishes in partnership with stellar chef Mauro Colagreco, while Florie’s Bar serves garden-inspired original cocktails. A Palm Bach signature massage at the spa seals the deal.
The Lodge & Club combines Mediterranean-inspired architecture to bring you a four-diamond resort where most of your desires will be catered to in style. In the pastel-colored rooms and suites, expect dark-wood furnishings, wooden-beamed ceilings, and even fireplaces in some of the suites; all rooms look out over the ocean. Classic American cuisine and seafood are served in the gourmet Seaview Grille and Seaview Lounge, while original cocktails such as Lodge Punch and Walking On Water are paired with sea breezes at The Oasis.
This beachside bolthole oozes understated luxury and sophistication. Apart from generously-sized, wood-paneled rooms, decorated in neutral shades, there are luxury bungalows with private sun decks; opt for a Bungalow Suite to get your own plunge pool. Apart from the two hotel pools overlooking the ocean, family-friendly perks include a basement bowling alley and ice-skating rink. Michelin-starred Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten prepares Latin dishes at Matador Room, accompanied by craft cocktails, while his more casual offering – Market at EDITION – is modeled after a modern food bazaar.
Located on Miami’s Sunny Isles Beach, this cheerful skyscraper hotel comprises rooms and suites that combine understated furnishings with silk and satin textures, cool grays, soothing whites and spacious marble bathrooms. If on a romantic vacation, book a couple’s experience at the Royal Spa Treatment Suite, then dine out on Mediterranean cuisine at Costa Grill, classic Italian dishes at Il Mulino New York, or Japanese fusion at Ke-uH. Alternatively, the hotel provides gourmet picnic baskets so that you can canoodle with your sweetie by the ocean.
Sustainability is a priority at this hotel overlooking Miami’s South Beach; expect vertical gardens and energy-efficient heating and cooling at this LEED-certified property, where you also get sustainably-sourced bedding, organic cotton mattresses, and light, bright rooms with reclaimed wood paneling. Look out over the bright lights of Miami from the rooftop pool, then dine on Peruvian-tinged Japanese cuisine at Watr, or perhaps opt for plant-based dishes at Plnthouse. If you opt for the Retreat Collection package, you get paired with a Personal Guru who arranges VIP access to attractions (and presumably provides you with pearls of wisdom).
Want to see more? Discover our guide to the best hotels in Siesta Keys. For some budget-friendly options, discover our guide to the best hostels in Miami Beach , or to discover great places to stay for you and a furry friend, check out our pick of the best pet-friendly hotels in Florida, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.