Barbecue joints, brunch spots and boutique hotels line this Manhattan-like stretch of Downtown Miami.
Soaring ‘scrapers, broad thoroughfares, swathes of waterfront – there’s a touch of Manhattan about the buzzing Brickell district in Miami. While it’s the city’s financial center, there’s a whole lot more to it than slick high-rises and corporate HQs, such as an impressive array of cultural hubs, top dining destinations and happening nightspots. Starting just across the river in Downtown Miami, Brickell Avenue is its main artery, stretching the length of the neighborhood, with a couple of great places to stay nearby, too. Book your hotel with Culture Trip now.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A fabulously overstated, look-at-me façade is just the start at this over-the-top Miami landmark hotel. Philippe Starck-designed interiors, an impressive art collection and seriously swanky features come together with artful aplomb. The 124 elegant white-and-pink guest rooms are spread over a whopping 55 floors, with upper levels offering dreamy views over Miami’s skyline and the bay beyond. You have the pick of three pools, plus top-notch dining – all just a block away from Brickell Avenue.
With much of its street-level entrance obscured by plants, Baby Jane provides another welcome splash of greenery on Brickell Avenue. Step inside, and you enter a cozy-yet-playful mix of exposed brick, neon lighting and curious wall hangings. Whet your appetite with one of the creative cocktails before perusing a menu of mostly Asian-inspired dishes. The steaming bao buns and salty ramen stand out among the best in the city, plus regular live music and DJ sessions up the on-point vibe.
Lofty double-height ceilings create an immediate sense of drama as you enter this eye-pleasing high-end Chinese restaurant. Century-old bricks combine with Pop art colors and a wall of hand-carved wood panels to add to the theatrical vibe. The food is equally beautiful and expertly cooked, with flavors drawn from northern China and staples like peking duck and dim sum perfectly executed. To truly indulge, try out the “free-form” brunch menu, which can include sake or champagne, depending on your mood (and budget).
Peruvian-born Henry Hané cut his teeth in various Michelin-starred restaurants around the world before opening his Miami restaurant – so you can expect high-quality creations on the menu here. While the food is far from fussy, flavors are superbly considered and occasionally unexpected, with American favorites alongside Latino dishes. Freshly baked treats make this a popular breakfast and brunch spot, so you might have to wait for a table.
Vegans look away. This meat-forward restaurant was opened by Anthony Nicolosi, a certified pitmaster and official judge for the Florida BBQ Association. It means that you won’t find a better barbecue-oriented outpost in town, with a menu of coal-cooked carnes ranging from pork belly to chicken wings. What’s more, there are 25 craft beers sourced from South Florida breweries and picked to pair with whatever you choose to chow down on.
A firm favorite among locals and lunching office workers, Atelier Monnier Brickell Cafe is part of a small chain of refined French bakeries dotted around Miami. For the sweet-of-tooth, a selection of beautifully crafted macarons, cakes and tarts is always impeccably presented for maximum browsing potential. Artisan breads, quiches and savory croissants make up much of the lunch menu, with everything made in-house by an international team of baking experts. You’ll also find an extensive list of French wines to drink in or take out.
From its ubiquitous geometrical motifs and splashes of primary color to mid-century-style furnishings and industrial-chic touches, this Hotel Indigo is a visual feast sure to appeal to design lovers. Rooms are smart with handy comforts like coffee machines; plus, you’ll find walk-in rainfall showers and quality bath products, too. After a stroll down Brickell Avenue, a few minutes away, return to cool off from the Miami heat in the hotel’s L-shaped pool.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.