Orlando may have risen to fame as “theme park capital of the world,” but the central Florida city is also home to several fantastic sporting venues that regularly hold major games as well as concerts, shows, and other events that call for a truly special space. Here’s our guide to the top spots in town.
Walt Disney World’s ESPN Sports Expo Complex
The ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World in Orlando comprises 230 acres of professional, state-of-the-art facilities to accommodate more than 60 different sports. The ESPN Sports Expo Complex has hosted thousands of sporting events for athletes of all ages and ability levels, and offers visitors the opportunity to train in a grand, contemporary athletic setting. The sports venue’s 9,500-seat Champion Stadium is the spring training home of the Atlanta Braves, and the permanent home stadium for the Rookie-league GCL Braves.
700 South Victory Way, Orlando, FL, USA, +1 407 541 5600
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Orlando City Stadium
The latest professional sports venue to call “The City Beautiful” home is Orlando City Stadium, a stadium built specifically for soccer games played by the professional Major League Soccer team Orlando City Soccer Club (SC) and Orlando Pride, the city’s National Women’s Soccer League team. Located in the heart of the Parramore neighborhood in downtown Orlando, the “Purple Palace” is a special place to see a soccer game.
655 W Church St, Orlando, FL, USA, +1 407 480 4702
Perhaps the most iconic sports venue in Orlando, Florida, is the Amway Center, home arena for Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association, as well as Orlando Solar Bears of the East Coast Hockey League. The Amway Center has held several basketball and ice hockey All-Star games, as well as several rounds of college basketball tournaments. When there’s not a major sporting event, the Amway Center often hosts concerts and other performances that need the amenities of a world-class, indoor entertainment complex.
400 W Church St #200, Orlando, FL, USA, +1 407 440 7900
YMCA Aquatic Center
A truly impressive sports venue in Orlando, Florida, is the YMCA Aquatic Center, which features a 50-meter (164-feet)-by-25-yard (23-meter) natatorium, a separate 25-meter (82-feet)-by-25-yard (23-meter) diving well, and a 25-yard (23-meter) teaching pool. It’s one of the largest indoor competitive swimming facilities in the United States southeast area, and the first swimming venue to have a hydraulically retractable roof. The center’s “fast pool” has been the site of several world and American records being set, and the venue regularly hosts regional, national, and international competitions. In addition to swimming, the Orlando’s YMCA Aquatic Center offers racquetball courts, a workout room, and a martial arts center.
8422 International Dr, Orlando, FL, USA, +1 407 363 1911
UCF’s Knights Plaza at the Athletic Village
One of Orlando’s best sporting venues that you have to check out if you have the chance is Knights Plaza at the the University of Central Florida (UCF) Athletic Village. The Athletic Village is home to a number of spots including the UCF Soccer and Track Stadium, a 2,000-seat, multi-purpose stadium that hosts events for the Knights’ soccer, track and field, and cross-country teams; John Euliano Park, the home field of Knights baseball; the CFE Arena, the indoor arena of Knights basketball; The Venue, home of the Knights volleyball program, and Spectrum Stadium, home of the Knights football team.
4000 Central Florida Blvd, Orlando, FL, USA, +1 407 823 2000
Camping World Stadium
Known through the years as Orlando Stadium, the Tangerine Bowl, and the Florida Citrus Bowl, Camping World Stadium is a fantastic sports venue that’s owned and operated by the City of Orlando. Camping World Stadium is the current home sporting venue for several big college football games, including the Citrus Bowl, the Cure Bowl, and the Camping World Bowl, as well as other big events like WrestleMania.
1 Citrus Bowl Pl, Orlando, FL, USA, +1 407 440 5700
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.