The birthplace of Miami’s craft beer scene, Wynwood is a worthy contender when it comes to choosing a night out in the 305.
Beer isn’t the only tipple on the Wynwood menu: al fresco wine bars, market-style drinking dens and Latin-inspired patios make this art-loving neighborhood one of Miami’s most diverse nightlife spots. Here is Culture Trip’s pick of the best bars in the area.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
El Patio Wynwood
Miami’s Latin influence is less prominent in Wynwood, but that’s not to say you can’t find somewhere to dance salsa, drink mojitos or eat a good empanada. El Patio – Wynwood’s favorite Colombian-inspired cocktail bar and late-night dance club – pays homage to its owner’s homeland with live salsa bands, meat-loaded tacos and vintage furniture. Some of it was specially shipped from Cartagena to give the bar its old-school, pastel-colored grandeur. There’s scotch, whiskey, beer and vodka on the menu, but what Miamians really come here for are the craft cocktails. El Patio prepares each mixed drink with the bar’s signature home-made honey-based syrup, a golden liquid said to owe its distinct flavor to the lychee field-raised honeycombs. Don’t miss the Queen Bee, a fruity concoction of Jack Daniel’s, mango, peach, limes, mint and plum bitters.
Offering everything from tempura shrimp to poke and pad thai, the 10,000-square-foot 1-800-Lucky initially draws visitors for the food. But it’s not what keeps them here: come Friday, this party-starting indoor-outdoor food hall is transformed into a happening late-night hang-out with live jazz, hip-hop and Latin beats. The bar here serves a range of drinks, including craft beer, wine, tequila shots and coco locos. If you fancy making a night of it, book one of the Japan-inspired karaoke rooms, where you can sing, dance and order drinks straight to your private booth until the early hours.
If it weren’t for the sign saying “air conditioning, cold beer and cocktails” out front, you’d be forgiven for mistaking the bright orange, container-shaped building for a dive launderette or diner. But inside this dive bar rests a homey, palm tree-dotted backyard strung up with technicolor bistro lights and a mismatch of furniture made from hand-painted recycled crates. A well-stocked bar serves craft beers, spirits and – Gramps’s pièce de résistance – explosive hand-crafted cocktails that see scotch served with black pepper syrup and tequila with smoked paprika and grapefruit soda. If you get hungry, there’s a pizza truck out back, too. Check the bar’s Facebook page for a schedule of drag shows, live music, DJ sets, bingo and trivia nights.
If you’ve just about exhausted every craft brewery and cocktail bar in Wynwood, then you might be looking for something a little different. The New Orleans-style Lagniappe offers a selection of over 150 bottles, from full-bodied Spanish reds to light, fruity French whites. Once you’ve selected your favorite wine from the cooler, kick back a vintage sofa in the fairy-lit backyard. In true New Orleans style, come 9pm you’ll be tapping your feet to the sounds of Miami’s best jazz, folk, blues and soul bands. Don’t miss the Italian cold meat and cheese platters, the ultimate red wine accompaniment.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.