Miami is an exceptional place to find talented artists, performers, and cultural enthusiasts. One might say that the hipster and artist communities have made Miami a stronghold for their creative endeavors, collective galleries, studio spaces, and displays of powerful street art. Virtually every neighborhood in Miami and its sprawling suburbs has a center for art and creativity, with an emphasis on harnessing and protecting the rich cultural and ethnic diversity that makes Miami so unique and beautiful. Here, we profile some of Miami’s best art walks, events that are perfect for a date night, family outing, or evening out with friends.
Bird Road Art Walk
What was once an industrial area, lined with railroad tracks and warehouses, is now home to a community of artists who have slowly converted this rundown area into a neighborhood of studios, galleries, and creative businesses. During the summer of 2010 a group of artists came together to organize the Bird Road Art Walk, an event created to revive interest in the area and provide more visibility for the artists and their works. Featuring a broad range of contemporary, emerging, and established artists working in a variety of mediums, Bird Road Art Walk has become one of Miami’s most esteemed art walks and takes place on the third Saturday of every month.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Downtown Miami First Friday Art Night
The Downtown Art Night takes place on the first Friday of every month and covers the area from NE 24th Street along Biscayne down to the south end of Brickell Avenue at Rickenbacker Causeway, centering primarily around Flagler and its core blocks. Among the most intriguing venues on the Downtown Art Night schedule is McCormick Place, a multifaceted space for creative innovation where artists, designers, and musicians go to get their creative juices flowing. Also be sure to check out the Artisan Lounge, a new and innovative artists’ studio community and gallery space.
Coral Gables Gallery Stroll
Enjoy a myriad of galleries and the casual elegance of the Gables’ pedestrian district during the Coral Gables Gallery Night, which also takes place on the first Friday of every month. This walk is centered around Ponce Circle Park, but it is fairly spread out. It includes the seasonal Art in the Park Concert Series, a big festival with vendors and a live music stage. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, and the best part is that most galleries will offer some free food or wine.
Wynwood Art Walk
Street artists and graffiti specialists from around the world know they’ve made it when they get an invite to decorate the walls of Wynwood, Miami’s art district. If you’ve never been to Miami and want to see some incredible murals, sculptures, and art galleries, then head straight to Wynwood, there’s truly nothing like it. There are multiple art tours and walks you can take in Wynwood. The next art walk is October 8th, but you can always sign up for a Graffiti Buggy Tour, a Wynwood Walls & Street Art Tour, a Guided Gallery Tour (second Saturday), and an Underground Tour (second Saturday).
Coconut Grove Fashion, Art, Music Night
Taking place every first Saturday of the month from October through April, this signature event invites locals and visitors to discover original and unique art in various forms. This is, without a doubt, a must-see event for all fashionistas, art enthusiasts, and music lovers. The Grove F.A.M. night covers Cocowalk and the Shops at Mayfair, as well as galleries, retail stores, and restaurants on the nearby streets. In addition to the galleries, it includes an artisan festival in the plaza, as well as free live music, performances, foods, and beverages.
Lincoln Road South Beach Art Walk
Consisting of two sets of studios, at 800 and 924 Lincoln Road, this is primarily an art studio crawl. Held on the first Saturday of the month and featuring over two dozen different studios as well as exhibition spaces, it encourages visitors to explore new works by some of South Florida’s most interesting contemporary artists. The Art Center also offers mentorship programs, gallery space, and public art classes.
Viernes Culturales Little Havana Art Walk
The Viernes Culturales Little Havana Art Walk takes place the last Friday of every month on SW 8th Street (Calle Ocho) between SW 12th Avenue and SW 18th Avenue. Cultural Fridays is intended for all those who enjoy art and culture, and audiences are usually multicultural and representative of the ethnic diversity in the South Florida community. Anyone who enjoys live music, dancing under the stars, art galleries, games, and good food is more than welcome to be a part of Cultural Fridays. In addition to the galleries, there are street vendors and artisans, as well as live music and $5 mojitos served right on the sidewalk.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.