Want to know the beach that locals love and where to order the best martini? Follow our insider’s guide to this buzzy south Florida city.
As a Miami born-and-raised muralist, art director and owner of tour company Miami’s Best Graffiti Guide, Pedro Amos knows the creative side of Florida’s coolest city inside-out. Here, he paints a picture of the best things to see, do, eat and drink around his Wynwood studio and beyond – including inspiring places to stay, all bookable on Culture Trip. Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
“We’re in a place in the world now where everyone wants to be part of something – and this gallery lets you do it. I think it shows where art is going. There’s a lot of interactive pieces, where you become part of the art. For example, there might be an installation where you stand in a particular place, and a camera comes to you. I saw an exhibition by Vince Fraser and Ursula Rucker here called Afro Frequencies, about the West African concept of aṣẹ (power), and loved it.”
Le Chick Miami
“When I go to a restaurant, I don’t really care about what’s on the walls – I want the food and service to be stellar. But this place has everything, including murals by artist Alex Mijares. It’s a block from my Wynwood studio, and it’s half-inside, half-outside, with a retractable awning and fans to keep you cool if it’s sunny and hot. It’s moderately priced – for Miami anyway – the service is great, and everyone is good-looking. I always order fried chicken and a martini. But the truffled deviled eggs and tuna tartare are must-trys, too.”
Miami Best Graffiti Guide
“This is my company – based in the center of Wynwood. We give tours showing off the local street art, by walking, biking or golf-carting through the neighborhood. We also do crash courses in graffiti, so you can paint with me or another artist, learning how to use a spray can. We’re the only artist-owned and operated tour company in the city. I only hire artists to give the tours, so you’ll get a real explanation, from the inside. We’re not just reading facts off a Wikipedia page.”
“I only visited this museum for the first time recently, and I had no idea we had a place like this in Miami. It’s one of the largest privately owned collections in the US – and was so good to go see. It reminds me of the MoMA in New York: they have thousands of pieces in their collection, and there’s a heavy rotation, depending on what they’re trying to showcase. You might see 40ft (12m) high murals in one room, then find another room full of Budweiser cans or 15 male sculptures having an orgy. Or beautiful color portraits. It’s really an A-to-Z kind of experience.”
Veza Sur Brewing Co.
“This brewery is in Wynwood, not far from my studio. If it’s a nice day, grab a seat on the couches under the awning and enjoy plates from the Peruvian food truck that sometimes rocks up. The beers are always changing, but my go-to is one of their light classics: Spanglish, a very Miami name. There’s art on the building itself: murals by Pixel Pancho from Spain and Adrian Avila, originally from Cuba, but now local. Some of the beer labels have art on them, too.”
The Wynwood Walls Shop
“Most people know the Wynwood Walls as an open-air gallery that changes its art regularly. It used to be free, but as it’s become more famous, you have to pay to get in. The shop is still free to enter, and great. It has products designed by artists who have a relationship to the property – merch like masks and toys, as well as proper prints. You’ll find stuff by everyone, from Ron English to RISK, with styles ranging from abstract expressionism and traditional graffiti to portraits.”
The Standard Spa
“I’m a really big fan of the staycation, so I stay in hotels in Miami quite a lot. This is a very cool spot, with boho-chic style and stellar service. The food is great, and there’s no noise really – not even music, except underwater in the pool. So, it’s a great place to get away for some quiet time and maybe visit the spa for a mud bath or sauna. Or, rent a paddleboard to go around Miami Bay, right where the hotel is. The only thing is they don’t allow kids, so unfortunately I can’t bring my son here.”
The Savoy Hotel & Beach Club
“The Savoy is a really cool hotel that’s been remodeled and has a boutiquey feel. The highlight is the pool – the service is quick, and you’re right on the beach. Really, you just cross the boardwalk and you’re there on the sand at 4th Street and Ocean Drive. That’s the beach where local people from Miami actually go, as it’s not touristy. Despite the prime location, the pool is never jam-packed, which I love. It’s great when you want some breathing space.”
Eden Roc Miami Beach
“Finally, this is a really classic Miami beach hotel which I really love. It’s high-end, with phenomenal decor and service, a great restaurant and spacious rooms – bigger than many other hotels in Miami. You have a great view from pretty much every one of them: you’re on the beach, so you’re gazing out across the sand and water. The sunrises are amazing.”
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.