Endless stretches of pristine white-sand beaches make the state of Florida a beacon for visitors. With an average of 237 days of sunshine each year, there’s a reason people flock from all over the world to vacation here. From infinity pools overlooking the beach to private islands, here are the best resorts in Florida – bookable on Culture Trip.
Pristine private beaches, two outdoor pools, 12 (yes, 12) restaurants, a full-service spa, bike trails, water sports, outdoor tennis courts, two private championship golf courses – there’s nowhere quite like the JW Marriott Marco Island for a luxury Florida resort getaway. Luxurious guest rooms and suites feature their own private balconies, and keeping the kids entertained is easy at the Tiki Tribe kids’ club. For an adults-only escape, choose the Paradise by Sirene Experience complete with beach butler service and exclusive rooftop pool access.
A top Florida resort for hedonists, the Miami Beach EDITION offers resort-style amenities with boutique service. Sleek and sophisticated, the spacious rooms, suites and bungalows are a masterclass in clean, minimalist design. A luxury spa, two outdoor pools and a range of dining options – developed by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten – will delight any discerning guest. The party really gets going at Basement Miami, an underground after-hours, anything-goes space complete with a nightclub, bowling alley and ice-skating rink.
Sophisticated Sunny Isles Beach resort Acqualina is the best way to immerse yourself in seaside living. Tuck into the freshest seafood at the beachfront restaurant or indulge in a detoxifying body wrap with marine mud at the ESPA spa. Even the kids’ club has its own signature adventures, including alligator tag and jellyfish arts and crafts. Decompress in the lush gardens, complete with three oceanfront swimming pools and cabanas to rent.
Surrounded by billowing oak trees and 13mi (21km) of white sand, the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island luxury hotel offers Southern hospitality and charm. With marble bathrooms and Italian linens, tennis courts and four restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is second to none. Make sure you pay a visit to the spa – their signature Heaven in a Hammock massage combines traditional techniques with gentle rocking reminiscent of the movements of the tide.
This high-end all-suite hotel is located oceanside, in the heart of the Art Deco District of Miami South Beach. With a modern design and Asian touches – including antique jade and teak accents – the Setai is sophisticated, with a peaceful ambiance. The Ocean Grill will delight your taste buds with flavorful Italian cuisine, from grilled octopus to Maine lobster spaghetti, while the Bar and Courtyard offers light bites and an open-air space to enjoy warm Miami nights with near-nightly lounge music.
You’ll find the Black Dolphin Inn in a quiet neighborhood in New Smyrna Beach, on the Florida Space Coast and just minutes from the ocean. This historic inn is set in a meticulously restored colonial-style mansion, with gardens opening out onto a private dock. Each luxury room is decorated with vintage furniture, original art and spa baths. Breakfast is included, which on weekends includes a special grilled cheese breakfast alongside fruit, omelets and hot coffee.
Additional reporting by Lorna Turnbull.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.