As one of the most dog-friendly cities in the USA, the Colorado capital of Denver is a great place to bring your pet along for the trip. With the great outdoors on your doorstep and dozens of pet-friendly restaurants, your pooch will enjoy the city as much as you. There is even a food truck selling homemade treats for dogs. With that in mind, take a look at the best pet-friendly hotels in Denver, bookable with Culture Trip.
For Denver’s most premium pet-friendly service, stay at Hotel Teatro, where your discerning dog can get a “pawdicure” at a pet spa nearby while you nibble on charcuterie in the Study. You can even arrange a certified canine massage therapist to give your pup a Calming Relaxation Massage after a long day of sniffing its way around the city. Afterward, your pet will sleep soundly in its plush dog bed while you put your feet up with an ale from the hotel’s Craft Beer Concierge.
Blending pine wood and leather with sleek contemporary furnishings, Kimpton Hotel Born is a warm urban refuge for you and your animal companion. Wander around the hotel and admire the art exhibition with your pet, or bring it along while you dine at the rustic wood-fired restaurant, Citizen Rail. Pet-sitting and dog-walking services are available for when you may need an extra bit of independence.
Denver’s best museums and galleries, including the Denver Art Museum, are just a 10-minute walk away from the Art Hotel, along with plenty of parks for your pup to play in. However, this pet-friendly Denver hotel also has a collection of contemporary art, so you don’t have to leave the hotel to fill your culture cup. Head to the rooftop Fire Restaurant & Lounge for fine food and fresh air.
Featuring neon signs, lava lamps and even a campervan serving as an entryway, this pop-culture-themed hotel will impress you and your pet. The Knock-Knock suite, decorated with animal ornaments and a “grass” footstool, will be a natural habitat for your furry friend. With bowls, treats, pet beds and more available at your request, the Curtis Denver ensures that your pet will have a comfortable stay.
All dogs – small or large – are welcome at La Quinta Inn and Suites by Wyndham Denver Airport DIA, a 15-minute drive from the airport. Fresh air and exercise await you and your pet, with a garden and terrace just outside, and spacious rooms allow plenty of room to spread out. Alternatively, it’s about a 2mi (3km) walk to the 61st & Peña train station, which leads directly into the capital.
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport is a no-fuss hotel that balances simplicity with comfort in a convenient airport location. The lobby offers concierge services and essential travel items, while the pool is a tempting place to relax after a long journey into town. Dogs up to 75lb (34kg) are welcome to join you for an extra fee.
Looking for more places to stay in Colorado? Take your furry friends on an adventure to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with a stay at one of the best pet-friendly hotels in Bolder. For a stylish stay in the state’s capital city, discover our guide to the best boutique hotels in Denver, or these romantic places to stay. If you fancy something more adventurous, Denver has some excellent camping options nearby — bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.