AAA Diamond-accredited hotels are a theme in Colorado Springs. If you’re looking for somewhere fancy to stay, you will find plenty of unique, boutique hotels and luxurious spas, with views of Pikes Peak and the Rocky Mountains. The tricky part is picking just the one. Let us take the strain out of choosing with this comprehensive round-up of the best boutique hotels in Colorado Springs – bookable with Culture Trip.
Set within the award-winning Flying Horse Club and Resort, this lodge has an AAA Four Diamond status. There are 48 rooms, complete with private balconies or patios that look out on to the resort golf course and offer views of the Rocky Mountains beyond. All of the adjoining resort’s amenities and facilities are available for guests to take advantage of, from tennis courts and a golf course, to a swimming pool and spa.
Perched atop a mesa, this AAA Four-Diamond resort and spa boasts spectacular views of the area’s red rock formations. The main resort building houses 56 club rooms and suites with separate living room areas, dining rooms and wet bars to “create a more residential ambience”; roomier cottages and casitas are available for larger groups. As for the special touches, expect gas fireplaces, plush robes and coffee makers in your room.
This property is named after the original hotel that stood on the site; it housed the founder’s large collection of deer and elk trophies. Today’s version of the hotel – which burned down and was later rebuilt – has 273 upscale rooms, including 22 suites with magnificent views of Pikes Peak. On the amenities front there is a fitness center with pools and hot tubs, both indoor and outdoor, a restaurant, bar and lounge.
This modern hotel, just one mile from United States Air Force Academy and 11mi (17.7km) from the Garden of the Gods, features a unique atrium-style lobby complete with plants and waterfalls. The rooms and suites have plenty of space, with perks including free wifi, 32in flat-screen TVs, microwaves, mini-fridges and coffee makers. Booking a spa suite will score you a whirlpool and outdoor balcony. The complimentary breakfast offering includes made-to-order omelettes and a waffle bar, while the bar and grill serves up American fare. Other amenities include a fitness center, heated indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub with a sundeck.
This historic hotel, at the foot of Pikes Peak, started life in 1873 as a stagecoach stop on the route from Colorado Springs to Leadville. It then evolved into a 20-room boarding house known as ‘The Inn’, before transforming into a sophisticated resort hotel. Today the property has a AAA Four Diamond status, with 54 guest rooms uniquely decorated in the style of the late 1800s.
Built in 1902 as a stock exchange for local mining companies, this luxury boutique hotel, with its own spa, is a great fusion of historic architecture and contemporary accommodations. The beautiful lobby is a standout feature, with an Italian marble fireplace and antique piano. Meanwhile, there are 117 rooms with oversized windows, exposed brick walls, and two-person stone showers, plus a restaurant serving up cajun and creole classics.
This quaint award-winning bed and breakfast, which names all but one of the rooms after a flower, promises to charm with its eight bedrooms offering fireplaces, steam showers, saunas and personal hot tubs on private balconies. The African Orchid room features a mosquito-netted, four-poster bed and photographs from the Serengeti to transport guests to the wilds of Africa, while the Colorado Columbine mimics a cosy Colorado ski and fishing lodge with night-blue walls and a mountain mural.
Want to discover more? Read our guide to the best hotels in Colorado Springs, and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.