Orange County, a county in the U.S state of California is one of the most populated counties in the United States. For this reason there is so much wonderful art, culture and restaurants in Orange County to be appreciated. We curated a list of the County’s top 10 restaurants you should try.
Located in Laguna Beach, Tabu Grill is a open kitchen where guests can watch the chefs creating some of their delicacies. Their menu includes plenty of meat and seafood dishes such as prime ribeye, mero seabass marinated in miso sauce and served with asparagus, as well as seared New England scallops with potato puree and a tangerine beurre blanc. The Tabu Grill is based in a beautiful setting with a ring of exotic plants surrounding the front patio entrance. The restaurant also boasts of seagrass chairs, stonewalls, and dozens of candles making the Tabu Grill feel like an oceanic oasis to indulge yourself in.
Tabu Grill, 2892 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, Orange County, CA, USA +1 94 9494 7743
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Baci Di Firenze Trattoria
Orange County’s fabulous fine Italian dining restaurant Baci Di Firenze Trattoria is located near the beautiful setting of the Anaheim Hills and Santa Ana river. Vittorio, chef and owner, brings traditional dishes from Northern, Central and Southern Italy straight to Orange County. His menu includes dishes such as rigatoni amatriciana (tube pasta with onion, mariana sauce and pecorino cheese) or thin sliced veal in a masala sauce mushrooms. Baci also has an extensive wine list full of Tuscan and Sicilian wines.
Baci Di Firenze Trattoria, 416 Lakeview Avenue, Anaheim, Orange County, CA, USA +1 71 4282 2220
Sealegs, California’s top wine bar and restaurant has won awards such as Best Californian cuisine by Goodie Foodie Awards as well as labeled one of the top 10 restaurants in the O.C by Gayot. Sealegs, located by the beautiful Huntington Beach offers a Hamptons kind of ambiance serving hand picked cheese and wine pairings, as well as tapas and a mixture of Californian and New England dinners. The Sealegs Wine bar houses over 2000 unique bottles as well as an extensive beer collection. World-renowned designer, Kenneth Ussenko, turned Sealegs into a cozy, fireplace lit restaurant with vintage photos and handicraft pieces.
Sealegs, 105, Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, Orange County, CA, USA +1 71 4536 5700
The Original Fish Company
Open since 1981 by the Rothman family, the Original Fish Company has been a valued part of Orange County’s community, winning numerous awards across the years. Vanessa Rothman Travis who has overseen the restaurant for the past 15 years, makes sure the Original Fish Company serve only the finest quality seafood, flown in daily from all over the world. The fish is cooked in view of the whole restaurant on a mesquite broiler, so the guests can have their say on how they like their fish to be prepared. The Original Fish Company take special pride in their oysters, which they serve daily or at their in-house fish market.
The Original Fish Company, Los Alamitos Blvd, Orange County, CA, USA +1 562-594-4553
The Studio at Montage Hotel
The Montage Hotel in California has a hidden gem in The Studio restaurant. The cuisine of Studio is typically modern French but with Californian influences. The restaurant serves food selected from their region’s fertile valleys, ranches, orchards, farms and ocean waters. All ingredients are hand-selected to meet with the Studio’s high standards. Just outside of the Studio is a beautiful garden where they grow seasonal delights such as fruit trees, berry bushes and own raised planter beds to provide homegrown produce such as pole beans, potatoes and seascape strawberries, as well as herbs such as lavender and chamomile. Studio focuses on the organic and the exceptional.
Studio at the Montage Hotel, South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, Orange County, CA, USA +1 94 9715 6420
Duke’s Huntington Beach
Winner of a number of awards, Duke’s Huntington Beach provides a Hawaiian seafood menu with surfside views. Serving a range of exceptional cuisine from a Tahitan shrimp cocktail served with grilled papaya, coconut milk, avocado, tomato, and shaved peppers, to sesame hibachi grilled and glazed with hoisin BBQ sauce over udon noodles. Duke’s is named after Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, the ‘father of international surfing’ who was born in 1890 in Honolulu in Hawaii and went on to represent the United States in the Olympics for 20 years, winning his first gold medal at the age of 21.
Duke’s Huntington Beach, 317 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, Orange County, CA, USA +1 71 4374 6446
Agora Churrascaria takes it influences directly from Southern Brazil. The kitchens at Agora focus on an ancient way of cooking where large portions of beef, pork, lamb and poultry are spit-roasted over coal on an open fire. This technique manages to preserve the meat’s natural juices and flavours. Agora Churrascaria offers a set menu that includes filet wrapped bacon, sirloin steak, lamb chops, pork loin, sausages and chicken served with Brazilian cheese bread, black bean stew, fried bananas as well as an extensive salad bar.
Agora Churrascaria, 1830 Main Street, Irvine, Orange County, CA, USA +1 94 9222 9910
Located just off Newport Beach, Bayside Restaurant looks over the harbour. Award winning Chef Paul Gstrein creates some fabulous lunch and dinner options as well as his popular Champagne Sunday Brunch. The Restaurant is designed so that guests can enjoy their meals outside on a patio that has built in heaters and sun protectors. A particular bonus of the Bayside Restaurant is that it houses its own art exhibit with work that is available to purchase, as well as hosting many jazz evenings.
Bayside Restaurant, 900, Bayside Drive, Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, USA +1 94 9721 1222
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.