Stand-up comedy and San Francisco have always gone hand-in-hand. Residents will be the first to tell you that day-to-day life in the city is comedic.
Ethiopian restaurant by day, bar by night, and comedy club on Wednesdays, Club Waziema is a great place to check out up-and-coming amateur comedians or test out your own comedy material on a friendly crowd. The comedy room is well lit and situated away from the main bar area so you don’t have to worry about straining to hear or interrupting someone’s set to get a refill on your drink.
Club Waziema, 543 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA, USA, +1 415 346 6641
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Cobb’s Comedy Club
Established in San Francisco’s North Beach neighborhood in 1982, Cobb’s Comedy Club is probably one of San Francisco’s most well-known comedy establishments. The 400-seat venue has full dinner and bar service and has played host to a continuous stream of well-known comedians, including Dave Chapelle, Louis C.K., Dana Carvey, David Spade, and Jo Koy who is set to perform at Cobb’s again later this month. Cobb’s is just as much a part of San Francisco’s history as it is its comedy scene.
Cobb’s Comedy Club, 915 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA, USA, +1 415 928 4320
Punch Line Comedy Club
What do Robin Williams, Rosie O’Donnell, Drew Carey, and Chris Rock all have in common (besides the obvious fact that they’re all super famous and successful comedians)? They’ve all graced the stage at Cobb’s Comedy Club’s sister venue, Punch Line Comedy Club! Located in the Financial District, Punch Line Comedy Club is such a San Francisco favorite that readers of both the San Francisco Chronicle and the San Francisco Examiner have voted it Best Comedy Club.
Punch Line Comedy Club, 444 Battery St, San Francisco, CA, USA, +1 415 397 7573
Secret Improv Society
Off-the-cusp comedy more your style? Check out the not-so-secret Secret Improv Society at the Shelton Theater. Every Friday and Saturday night, a cast of local comedians host one of San Francisco’s longest-running improv shows. There’s even a special guest sprinkled in from time to time. The Secret Improv Society often hosts classes on their craft, so you can perfect your comedy skills too.
Secret Improv Society, 533 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA, USA, +1 415 882 9100
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.