For most Angelenos, a typical night out means hitting the bars for happy-hour – sushi bars, that is. Los Angeles is home to a large number of sushi joints over the hill; The San Fernando Valley is famous for the freshest and highest quality sushi, not to mention the most affordable. Pick up your chopsticks and head out to one of these incredible sushi joints in the valley.
Named after a major city ward in Tokyo, this phenomenal Calabasas ‘hole in the wall’ has been featured in the media on several occasions due to its celebrity clientele, fresh sushi, skillful meal preparation, and its authentic cuisine. The owner goes out each morning at 4am to find the freshest fish available, which explains the incredible flavor packed into each roll.
Shibuya, 4774 Park Granada, Calabasas CA 91302 +1 818 225-1560
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Cho Cho San Revolving Sushi
Partially true to its name, this sushi haven is famous for its unlimited flow of ginger and wasabi that travels on a revolving conveyer belt, while the rolls are made fresh to order. Enjoy specialty rolls with unique names, like the Marilyn Mon Roll and the Rock n Roll. Open until midnight Monday to Thursday and until 1:30am Friday and Saturday, Cho Cho San caters to every late night sushi craving.
Cho Cho San Revolving Sushi, 19010 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA 91356 +1 818-881-8518
Located in Tarzana along Ventura Blvd, Kushiyu’s extensive menu offers sushi rolls as well as kushiyaki, a meat and veggie skewers that are grilled to a smoky, crisp perfection. Out-of-towners venture to the valley for their signature lemon roll, the crowd favorite. Be sure to take a seat at the bar surrounding the open kitchen in the center of the room, where you can watch the sushi chefs searing the tops of sushi with a blowtorch and working their magic in crafting other dishes.
Kushiyu, 18713 Ventura Blvd, Los Angeles CA 91356 +1 818 609-9050
This Japanese restaurant is the perfect destination for all sushi-lovers and pescatarians. More mainstream than the others, this sushi chain has a huge following and multiple locations from Woodland Hills and Burbank to Hollywood and Brea. The extensive menu is ideal for those who aren’t so familiar with sushi, as well as seasoned experts.
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, 20940 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364 +1 818 704-8700
This hidden gem is famous for its high quality sushi, authentic flavors, and traditional Japanese sushi bar vibe. The delicate dishes and beautifully crafted rolls will impress even the greatest sushi connoisseur. This little hideaway has primarily sushi bar seating, with only two tables in the back. Similar to the traditional sushi bars native to Japan, Tatsuki creates an intimate setting for its customers.
Tatsuki, 21630 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364 +1 818 340-8690
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.