As far as quaint beach towns go, Half Moon Bay is among the most sought-after destinations in northern California. With many different casual and upscale settings to choose from, there is something for everyone in this charming coastline community. Check out our top 7 picks for the best places to grab brunch in Half Moon Bay.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For a quiet luncheon by the seaside, visit Navio of the Ritz-Carlton, and enjoy the upscale environment and extensive seafood menu. Renowned Chef de Cuisine Jason Pringle grew up in the Bay Area himself, and now specializes in French cuisine, which he demonstrates in both his main dinner menu, and the seasonal tasting menu. Although closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, Navio does offer a variety of private room options, so be sure to call in advance if you need to arrange to dine in a larger group.
It’s Italia serves award winning pizza in addition to gourmet pastas and salads, opening in 1997 in San Francisco and later moving to the Half Moon Bay Inn. With a Tuscan style patio area, it’s an ideal location for large parties and group outings. There is additionally a full bar, with an extensive wine list: It’s Italia boasts 150 bottles of wine from around the globe. The restaurant’s management emphasizes sustainability and locally grown foods as well as its mission statement: ‘to restore, rejuvenate, and relax.’ Brunch is served on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm, and is reservation only due to its popularity.
Miramar Beach Restaurant
With its roots in the Prohibition era as a roadhouse formerly known as the Ocean Beach Hotel, Miramar Beach Restaurant is a coastside restaurant with a lot of character. At specific dates and times, there are even live performances by renowned pianist and composer Terry Disley. With an incredible view of the ocean and frequent dolphin and whale sightings, Miramar Beach Restaurant is a prime location for wedding receptions and other private events. Brunch is served on Sundays from 11am to 12pm.
For 25 years, Pasta Moon’s greatest emphasis has been on the farm to table concept. With daily specials made with fresh, locally grown ingredients, the restaurant takes pride in serving only the best quality produce. Head chef and restaurant owner Kim Levin is committed to the community of farmers, ranchers, fishermen, and artisans supporting Half Moon Bay, and has created several menus which all incorporate seasonal Italian cuisine. With the Pilarcitos Creek and a large garden just outside, Pasta Moon also offers quite the private dining experience.
Moonside Bakery & Cafe
A comfortable European-style bakery, Moonside Bakery & Cafe specializes in tarts, danishes, and other pastries; perfect for a quick breakfast or afternoon sugar fix. The bakery also caters to all the major holidays, and cakes and pastries can be ordered for special events or birthdays by contacting Thomas Grauke, master pastry chef and owner. In addition to pastries, the menu also includes wood-fired pizza, homemade soups, and salads if you are looking for more hearty options.
Mezza Luna Italian Restaurant
Mezza Luna is a Southern Italian restaurant started by three friends with a shared experience and passion for the industry. With a strong focus on providing the best meat, fish, and pasta, Mezza Luna is located in the Princeton Landing building, which was built in 1908 to foster support for local merchants and events. With large windows that overlook the ocean, be sure to keep an eye out for those Maverick waves if it’s that time of year!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.