If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind, all-American movie-going experience, then look no further. The West Wind Solano Drive-In Movie Theater will offer just that so stay close to the action in a great hotel – bookable on Culture Trip.
Located in Concord – just north of San Francisco – the West Wind Solano offers an unforgettable experience. And once you’ve eaten your way through the concession stand and done with the special double features, there is plenty more to explore in the local area. Not only are you moments away from Mount Diablo, but you’re just over half an hour from the Golden Gate City itself. Start your engine and grab your popcorn cos’ you’re in for an awesome ride.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A centrally located all-suite hotel in the East Bay, the Hyatt is also just 3mi (4.8km) from Six Flags Hurricane Harbour Water Park and 15mi (24km) from downtown Oakland. The bright and contemporary accommodation is rendered in relaxing hues with pops of bright color and all rooms feature free wifi, sofas, kitchenettes, and flat-screen TVs – with the larger suites adding extra living space. The local shuttle and parking are complimentary and there’s an outdoor pool, plus a 24/7 mini-mart.
Reminiscent of California’s illustrious past, the warm and welcoming Union is just a one-minute walk from picturesque Benicia Bay. If it weren’t for the contemporary touches, you might feel like a gold prospector finding lodgings for the night – as the accommodation oozes Victorian elegance right down to the antique furniture, but with wifi, TV, and coffee makers, of course. This quaint Americana theme continues to the lobby, where your complimentary continental breakfast is served.
If you’re fond of French châteaux, but want to stay in California, then we have the place for you. This is an idyllic retreat – where you can relax poolside, or in one of the romantic courtyards surrounded by expanses of oak trees, rolling hills, and the Northern California countryside. The accommodation is predictably elegant and top-notch facilities include a French farmhouse-style bistro, a fee local shuttle, 24hr gym, bar, and a poolside beauty spa.
Quite a suitable name for a hotel near San Francisco, this historic hotel was built in 1911 and is on the National Registry of Historic Buildings – which means it has to report to the local police station every other Tuesday and not leave the local area. The traditional, individually decorated rooms feature free wifi and minifridges and there’s also an on-site fine dining restaurant – very popular with locals – featuring a bar and a wine cellar.
With some rooms displaying stunning views of San Francisco bay, this mission-style building – dating from 1910 – houses a sophisticated, graceful, and relaxing hotel. This place is a stalwart of downtown Berkley and no two guestrooms are alike – though the common theme is modern convenience wrapped in taste and charm. This means luxury linens, ergonomic chairs, iPod docks and hypoallergenic pillows. The Mediterranean-style restaurant is excellent and the hand-crafted cocktails are definitely worth a visit to the bar.
Almost the definition of boujee, this upscale resort sits on 27-acres (11ha) in the Napa Valley countryside, surrounded by rolling vineyards – not too shabby so far. The accommodation doesn’t disappoint either: with high-end Cali-style cottages featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor hot tubs and showers, private patios, and – get this – wine dispensers. There are also three restaurants, two spas, one artisan general store, a boutique and a couple of very smug guests by the end of your visit here.
This award-winning resort features custom furnishings and colors that evoke the earth, sun and sky of California – i.e. always warm, welcoming and sunny. Just 2mi (3.2km) from the Napa River and 5mi (8km) from the Starmont Winery and Vineyards, the plush and relaxing accommodation is reminiscent of Tuscany – with upgraded rooms offering vineyard views and terraces. The plentiful amenities include a beautiful outdoor pool, wine tasting rooms, a swish farm-to-table restaurant and two bars.
It’s all about wellness here, with a little bit of vino on the side – the hotel even encourages a digital detox. The incredible spa is alcohol-free, but, this being the middle of wine country, the rest of the resort is a different matter. Indulgent Quakerism is the style that springs to mind with the rooms – elegant simplicity with luxury touches. The resort features an outdoor pool, a fantastic restaurant and bar and a café.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.