The wisest way to fix a stay in this area of LA? Book your hotel on Culture Trip – you’re guaranteed comfort, quality and convenience.
Los Angeles extends beyond celebrity culture and surf society at Exposition Park’s California Science Center. One of the best in the West, the institution offers dozens of hands-on exhibits, rotating collections and exciting demonstrations. Between understanding more about life sciences and the world’s ecosystems and exploring air and space artifacts and activities, choose one of these top nearby hotels, all easy to book with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Classic Hollywood glamour and beachy California cool collide in this historic downtown Beaux Arts building. As is the case in Hoxton hotels worldwide, the DTLA lobby acts as the neighborhood’s living room, all vintage furniture, houseplants and guests scattered about sipping on coffee from bistro Sibling Rivalry. Every bit as alluring as this space are the rooms – head straight for yours the moment you check in (which is offered on a flexible timeline). They’re Instagram gold, with thoughtful details including Mexican-inspired rugs, retro Smeg kettles and signature House of Hackney prints.
Steps away from the famed Melrose Shopping District and about 9mi (14km) northwest of the California Science Center, this trendy retreat rolls out its own iteration of the city’s noirish drama with bold and moody decor and iron-framed windows, contrasting with plush pink-velvet and leather Chesterfields. The Severance Restaurant and Bar is an upbeat place to settle in for dinner or weekend brunch – savor the Montreal-inspired French and Canadian classics. And for a little light calorie-burning, Palihose Melrose Avenue has complimentary Linus bikes to borrow: a scenic way to enjoy the neighborhood (a shopaholic’s paradise), or take advantage of one of the hotel’s health and fitness partners.
Hollywood’s golden age is preserved in this historic landmark, just 4mi (6.4km) north of the California Science Center. The era’s dreamy elegance is prominent in the classic tiled lobby, striking columns and vintage furniture, including an antique chandelier and a baby grand piano. Clean up before dinner at the Barbershop Club, the hotel’s hip vintage parlor founded by celebrity grooming consultant Woody Lovell. Also located on-site, Cassell’s Hamburgers dishes up famed burgers and handspun milkshakes. For an elevated experience, savor a vegetable-inspired tasting menu at the hotel’s intimate Le Comptoir, led by Michelin-star chef Gary Menes.
Tucked in the Hollywood Hills, this sophisticated and modern retreat channels LA’s indulgent vibes with its lavish restaurants: TAO and Beauty & Essex. Head up to the Highlight Room, a swanky rooftop pool and bar with a booming nightlife scene. And act out your superstar fantasies courtesy of the complimentary Lincoln Continental and Navigator car service. (Just be aware of the city’s infamous traffic and parking issues.) Given those sweeping views of Downtown LA, plus the rainfall showers, in-room massages and room service powered by UberEats, you may just hole up in your bed for the duration of your stay.
With its bare cement walls and garage-style windows overlooking the city, the LINE LA radiates an industrial ambience in the heart of Koreatown, just 4mi (6.4km) from the California Science Center. Michelin-star chef Josiah Citrin takes center stage with fresh seafood in Openaire’s lush poolside greenhouse. For an all-day buzz, head to Alfred Coffee’s outpost in the hotel, and if you are ready to keep the party going, dance floors, DJs and disco vibes are on deck at Break Room 86 and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
This is a fine historic celebrity haunt, frequented by James Dean, Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable in their heyday. The Hotel Hollywood can lay claim to nearly a century of fascinating history – it’s just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. This is a modern check-in that prides itself on comfortable and convenient accommodation, within walking distance of top attractions including the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Capitol Records building. For an encounter with the spookier side of old Hollywood, wander the halls for a chance at a ghost sighting – they have been known here.
Something of a landmark in the ever-trendy Arts District, 5mi (8km) northeast of the California Science Center, this history-laced hotel is unmissable, with its iconic exterior brightened by colorful murals. The creative vibes pervade the bedrooms, made sleek with black-and-white decor and red accents. All are adorned with concert posters from Al’s Bar, the famed music venue that once existed on the main floor. The ground floor is now the place for coffee and pie at the Pie Hole, while the Corner Store offers wine, as well as beer and snacks. All in all, a real American beauty.
The Bicycle Hotel & Casino may be located in Southern California, but when you stay here, you’re transported to neon-splashed Las Vegas. That’s mostly due to the high-stake gambling experience, but also the outdoor pool and cocktail lounge as well as the luxurious, relaxing spa. It’s in Bell Gardens, about a 20-minute drive east of the California Science Center, and it’s best loved for its spacious and bright rooms decked out with plush beds. Lashings of L’Occitane en Provence bath amenities help, as does the on-site Bike Brewery, an Asian-fusion restaurant and – when you need a morning kick-start – an outpost of Starbucks.
Looking for more inspiration? We’ve also narrowed down the best historic hotels and the best hotels with pools in Los Angeles so that you can confidently find and book the perfect stay on Culture Trip. There’s also plenty to keep you busy, from exploring the best beaches near Los Angeles to finding unique ways to tour Los Angeles. When you’re ready for a break, these top restaurants are the perfect place to stop.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.