Downtown Sacramento is the central business district of Sacramento, California. There are countless points of interest downtown including the California State Capitol building, the Westfield Downtown Plaza, and Sacramento City Hall. Another reason why this area of Sacramento is so popular is the abundance of good restaurants. In the mood for Chinese, Italian, American, French or Japanese cuisine? Check out our list of the ten best restaurants in the area.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Magpie is located in the heart of Sacramento’s downtown. This restaurant is quiet and inviting and provides a relaxing ambiance. They offer a brunch, lunch, and dinner menu, each containing tasty meals from savory bread pudding to grilled turkey sandwiches and T-bone Pork Chops. They also feature a daily Happy Time menu with more meal and drink deals. Another perk of this spot is its lengthy wine, beer, and spirits list, which makes Magpie a great place to go with friends or coworkers for after work drinks.
Mikuni Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Mikuni’s is located inside the beautiful and historic East End Lofts building downtown. The restaurant is lively and full of foods that incorporate flavors of New York and San Francisco in Japanese cuisine. The restaurant is decorated with vibrant artworks such as beautiful images of female Japanese warriors. In addition to the bright lights, bold colors, and much energy in the air, the restaurant features three sushi bars, a drinks bar and multiple flat-screen TVs. Mikuni’s serves great food in a great environment.
Morton’s The Steakhouse
Morton’s has used the same suppliers for their prime beef and other meat since the restaurant opened. They say they offer ‘The Best Steak…Anywhere,’ and they mean it. Their steaks are delicious and possess a unique flavor that can’t be found anywhere else. Their tasty recipes and cooking tips can be found in Morton’s Steak Bible and Morton’s The Cookbook for those who want to enjoy the same exquisite dishes at home. In addition to their fresh steaks, Morton’s also serves fresh seafood. This restaurant has won multiple awards for its great tasting food, wine list and genuine hospitality.
Café Bernardo is the best place to go to experience the European tradition of cafe dining. It offers a comfortable setting with fresh, quality food at a reasonable price. Their menu changes with the seasons, serving a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers, fresh fish, steak, and chicken. Bernardo prepares dishes with local, high-quality ingredients including seasonal meat, fat free oils, 100% pure maple syrup, and dairy products free from growth hormones, making their food not only delicious but also healthy.
At Frank Fat’s their mission is to treat their guests like family, adhere to the ‘Fat Family Motto of Good Food,’ and invite guests to create their own ‘Fat’s Experience.’ Their lunch and dinner menus are promising, serving tasty appetizers, soups, salad, chicken, duck, pork, beef, rice, noodles, seafood, and fresh vegetables. Frank Fat’s also offers banquet menus for in-house cocktail parties, luncheons and dinners. The restaurant has an extensive drink menu with specialty drinks.
Ella Dining Room & Bar
This restaurant has been thriving for over 20 years now, as the Selland Family stays committed to bringing fresh and tasty meals to their customers. They promote local and sustainable farmers and ranchers, and they keep creating innovative dishes that honor their family’s cooking tradition. Their American and French-style foods include seafood, steak, pasta, fresh salads, and a cold seafood bar with shrimp, oysters, and more. They also offer handcrafted artisan cocktails, an award winning wine list, and home-made desserts. Ella Dining Room and Bar is an elegant restaurant with a warm and inviting setting that everyone will love.
Bangkok@12 Thai Restaurant
Bangkok@12 Thai Restaurant is a simple restaurant that stays true to its origins serving authentic Thai food. They pride themselves on providing great value to customers and on catering to each of their needs. The restaurant serves a variety of meals from appetizers, salads, and stir fry to curry, seafood, and BBQ. Their Bangkok Specialties include Mango Curry, Spicy Lemongrass, and Samui Salmon. They also offer a vegetarian menu and a dessert list.
Il Fornaio is an elegant restaurant in downtown Sacramento which features private and semi-private dining spaces. They offer a wide range of award winning Italian food dishes in their menu. In addition to their delicious lunch, dinner, and dessert menus they provide guests with a gluten-free and children’s menu. Il Fornaio has something on their menu for everyone, making this the perfect spot for all your family and friends. This restaurant has great food and great staff that will work to create a memorable experience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.