Downtown Sacramento is the central business district of Sacramento. We have listed the best restaurants for breakfast and brunch in this area.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Fluid Espresso Bar
Fluid Espresso Bar was established in 2006, bringing to downtown Sacramento an extensive menu of beverages and locally roasted coffee. They later tapped into their many years of baking experience and added their micro-bakery. Fluid Espresso Bar serves fresh breakfast to its guests using not only fresh, but quality, local, and seasonal ingredients. Their breakfast items are simple, featuring bagels, croissants, and breakfast sandwiches, but the flavors that these meals possess are wonderful.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Crepeville has received multiple awards including Best Breakfast, Best Dessert, Writer’s Choice Best Burger, and One of the Top 10 Lunches in Sacramento. This restaurant has been working hard to earn those awards since it was established in 1990. Crepeville is family-owned and, as the awards state, serves one of the best breakfasts in Sacramento. Their fresh meals are healthy alternatives to fast food at affordable prices. Crepeville serves both savory and sweet breakfast meals, including eggs, omelets, sandwiches, and bagels.
Waffle Square Country Kitchen
This venue began with the vision of a young boy named Bill Johnson. At 14 he was hired at a hamburger stand, and in 1939 he and a friend rented an empty storefront and opened a restaurant. Their sign read ‘Country Kitchen,’ and they served burgers for a nickel and steak sandwiches for a dime. Johnson’s philosophy, ‘treat folks special,’ took him a long way. His restaurant expanded and the menu changed with the lifestyle of its guests. Today, they can enjoy a contemporary full-service restaurant that serves amazing breakfast meals from cream cheese pancakes to corn beef hash skillet.
Steamers offers its guests refreshing choices for a quality breakfast or lunch meal, as well as a quick cup of coffee. This restaurant provides a casual and welcoming setting, with comfy seats and friendly staff. Steamers opened in 1994 as a coffee house and now satisfies all its customers by serving full breakfast and lunch meals, and also beer and wine. Their breakfast is the star, with meals like the breakfast taco, the full deal, buttermilk breakfast biscuit, and chilaquiles. They also serve traditional breakfast including a variety of flavored pancakes.
Vines Cafe is the perfect place to visit for breakfast and brunch. They serve traditional meals like corned beef hash and dungeness crab Benedict, but they also offer a breakfast buffet. Their chefs use only the freshest produce and seasonal ingredients to allow guests to experience the tastes of the rich culinary diversity in the California region. Vines Cafe is located in the Hyatt Regency Sacramento so guests can enjoy beautiful hotel views while discovering the tasty array of flavorful and healthy dishes that showcase the Hyatt’s dedication to sustainable and thoughtfully sourced meals.
The Golden Bear
If you’re looking for something different, stop by The Golden Bear for an impressive selection of breakfast and brunch items that you won’t find anywhere else. If you dine here, you can expect to enjoy meals like the TGB breakfast tacos, pineapple scramble, breakfast pizza, and breakfast Lucy, which is 1/2 pound of Angus Beef stuffed with cheese, bacon, egg, and spices. TGB serves food that gives a whole new meaning to breakfast and brunch. This restaurant is family-friendly. Don’t be afraid to try the Absolut Peppar Bloody Mary and ‘Nearly Bottomless’ Mimosa.
Pilothouse serves breakfast Monday through Friday and brunch Saturday and Sunday. The meals include both traditional and nontraditional dishes, from your standard eggs Benedict to the exciting scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and crab cake eggs Benedict. Pilot only uses fresh, organic eggs for the meals. The restaurant is located in the Delta King Hotel in Sacramento, and is one of two outstanding restaurants offering casual dining. Another perk of dining here? After you’ve enjoyed a filling meal, you can enjoy the other features of the hotel like the theaters and wine school.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.