Whether you’re looking for a light meal before a full day or a decadent French toast, there’s a brunch place in Long Beach with a menu for you. A museum-adjacent café with an ocean view, a Southern-inspired diner, and a cider bar with bottomless “cidermosas” make our list of best places to score breakfast or brunch in Long Beach.
The Breakfast Bar
The Breakfast Bar is where you can get a home-cooked breakfast or lunch, but without the chore of making it yourself. Owners Josh and Pamela Beadel opened their restaurant in 2002, and they pride themselves on using family recipes handed down from loved ones. Order hearty dishes such as “Uncle Marcee’s Omelet Casserole” or meatloaf and eggs, or go lighter with Greek yogurt, honey, fruit and house-made granola. The restaurant also has a bar, where you can score Bloody Marys, mimosas, bellinis, and other brunch cocktails.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Attic is a cute, cozy restaurant set in a converted bungalow. They serve decadent Southern-inspired fare, including jambalaya and chicken and waffles. Brunch options include omelets, benedicts, and Bloody Marys with plenty of garnishes. They’re known for their Mac ‘n Cheetos, where each gooey dish is sprinkled with crumbles of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and green onions.
Claire’s at the Museum
Claire’s is the on-property restaurant at the Long Beach Museum of Art. It is named for Claire Falkenstein, who crafted the sculpture Structure and Flow, around which is Claire’s patio. Breakfast can be a luxurious affair, with Dungeness and king crab benedict, pancakes with goat cheese and Meyer lemon, or crème brûlée French toast, or you can spring for a lighter egg dish. Bloody Marys in numerous styles and craft cocktails are available too.
The casual Starling Diner is a breakfast favorite among locals, who regularly stop by for their stuffed French toast, fresh-baked scones, and seasonal specials. There may be a bit of a wait, as Starling is a popular breakfast haunt, but the hearty portions are a perfect start to a day of exploring.
Saint & Second
Saint & Second does seasonal, locally sourced cuisine and cocktails. They offer brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., serving a variety of pancakes, egg dishes, hash, coffee drinks, and brunch cocktails. Rich dishes include the burrata omelet and the pork chili verde, or guests might splurge on the lobster and shrimp waffles with bacon maple butter and syrup.
This Bellflower restaurant is open for breakfast and brunch, with Southern-influenced specialties including shrimp and grits, breakfast poutine, and a hearty plate of biscuits and gravy where the biscuits are deep-fried. Lighter dishes, such as the veggie scramble, are also available. Co-founders Antonio Appling and Michael Lavery explain their origin stories in a series of videos, the first of which you can see below, noting how they named their restaurant “The Nest” after an open mic they hosted at their home when they were roommates.
Blackbird Cafe is an amicable, neighborhood place with a dog-friendly patio. The menu includes all the breakfast staples, plus bowls, wraps, benedicts, and burritos. Cuisine skews American, Mexican and Mediterranean, while beverage options include coffee and espresso drinks, beer, and wine.
Tavern on 2
This Belmont Shores gastropub serves brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Guests can order omelets or eggs, or try some of their more unique dishes. Perhaps you’ll find French toast with a crunchy cereal crust, pork belly chilaquiles, or a hearty breakfast burrito on the menu. Special items are a common occurrence, so frequent trips back are advised. They do bottomless mimosas, but they also have 50 craft beers available at any given time.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.