The Bay Area offers some of the best flea markets in the country, full of rich history and unexpected finds. The following flea markets will surely satisfy your hunger for unique jewelry, buckets of cheap and super fashionable clothes, collections of antique and any other interesting trinkets and figurines you can think of.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Treasure Island Flea Market, East Bay
The Treasure Island Flea Market started in 2011 and has been attracting more and more people from around the Bay by the month. There are over 25 food trucks and vendors selling a wide range of food, from Mexican to burgers, and several outdoor bars where visitors can spread out on the large grassy area. The real treat, however, is the breathtaking view of the iconic skylines of San Francisco and Marin.
Every last weekend of the month, 10am to 4pm; $3 admission (kids 12 and under free)
Alameda Point Antiques Faire, Alameda/East Bay
On the first Sunday of every month, the Alameda Point Antiques Faire boasts over 800 dealers and 10,000 shoppers on the former Alameda Naval Air Station, overlooking the San Francisco skyline. You are sure to find a pair of one-of-a-kind sunglasses or some unique pieces of furniture and home décor, as well as jewelry, clothes, antiques, and much more. Moreover, there are several food vendors, free parking, a shuttle service, flat carts to transport your new office desk or shelving unit, and a customer lounge. Bring comfortable shoes, because this flea market is a full-day commitment.
Berkeley Flea Market, Berkeley/East Bay
Located conveniently outside the Ashby BART station, the Berkeley Flea Market is a cultural hub where Rasta clothing meets candles and incense, original art pieces meet handmade jewelry, and books meet unique household items. Every Saturday and Sunday, you will find people playing and dancing in drum circles, quirky vendors, and non-profit organizations that benefit and promote the community. You will find the friendly social and international vibe even more special than the goods, though there are many quality and valuable items.
Every Saturday & Sunday, 7am to 7pm; Free
Alemany Flea Market, San Francisco
The Alemany Flea Market takes place every Sunday — in what serves as a parking lot during weekdays and a farmer’s market on Saturdays — at the bottom of Bernal Heights neighborhood. There is a wide range of valuable goods, like Persian carpets, antique watches and trinkets, Oriental jewelry, vintage fur jackets, and other cool, collectible items. On the first Sunday of every month, non-regular vendors are invited to pull up their stations and sell their garage sale goods, while many regular vendors pack up and head to Alameda Flea Market, where they find more customers.
Every Sunday, 7am to 3pm; Free
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.