The time has come to see Los Angeles from a pro-doggie perspective. While there are a number of destinations that deny the patronage of your furry friend, there are several Los Angeles gems that welcome your extended family with an open door.
Park Bench Café
Family owned and operated since 1988, Park Bench Café welcomes the pack family without any hesitation. Featuring an all-star menu for us bipeds, they also offer a quirky and unique Canine Cuisine menu for your four-legged friend. Park Bench Café is definitely a favorite for both its extended menu, as well as its location. As a permanent fixture in beautiful Huntington Beach, CA this café finds its home among the picturesque landscape of Huntington Beach Central Park. Trees, grass, and a customized menu featuring dishes like the ‘hound dog heaven,’ and ‘bow wow wow chicken’ – what more can a dog ask for?
Park Bench Café, 17732 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach, CA, USA,
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Westridge-Canyonback Wilderness Park
Pesky signs throughout California state parks denounce playful pups from sharing their trails. However, there are some hidden gems throughout our wilderness that welcome any pup’s footprints on their paths. Westridge-Canyonback Wilderness Park is less well known than other dog friendly parks around LA. This particular patch of wilderness is located near Mulholland Drive in Encino, CA. It is easily accessible from either side of Los Angeles, north and south. Compared to hikes like Runyon and Eaton Canyon, Westridge-Canyonback offers wide-open trails that give way to panorama views of Los Angeles County. Another huge plus for this piece of less well known back country is that in certain areas dogs are allowed to be off leash. This gives your canine counterpart the opportunity to run wild and free – safely of course.
Street Food Cinema
A revolution has come to the feet of the typical movie night. Street Food Cinema offers at least one outdoor movie showing per weekend throughout the summer months in different cities around Los Angeles. They cover a wide range of film genres, as well as films both old and new. The best part about it is that they make the vast majority of their events dog friendly. This is a great opportunity to bring your dog along on a night out and enjoy some cuddles while hunkering down amongst a picnic-style gathering. What you bring to the showing is completely up to you, so you and your dog can be as comfortable as possible, even sharing a bite to eat from the many food trucks made available during each film. The live bands at each event add to the festivities of this summertime celebration.
Rosie’s Dog Beach
Exclusive much? Rosie’s Dog Beach is the only dog friendly beach in Los Angeles. Sweetening the deal, it also gives you the option to have your pup off-leash. Located in Long Beach, this doggie waterfront offers three acres of salt and sand for your dog to enjoy. While this location is not central to the hub of Los Angeles, the welcoming environment and companionship between humans and canines alike is worth the drive. As a doggie parent, reputation is everything, and Rosie’s Dog Beach carries ahead of itself a positive legacy of wagging tails, sun, sand, and waves.
Rosie’s Dog Beach, 5000 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA, USA +1 562-570-4897
Home away from home is another name for this doggie hangout. With locations spanning across central Los Angeles, CityDog! Club’s promise is to “Make Them Feel Loved” which definitely fights the jitters when leaving your pet with others. Everything about CityDog! Club is about the canines that walk through their doors. They offer a community centered on the best interest of every dog breed. While this is primarily a boarding facility, dog owners are welcome to bring in their canine counterparts for a few hours of old fashioned play time. This facility also allows owners to log in online, and watch their pup’s interactions through a live webcam. In addition to all of this, CityDog! Club offers a spa environment with a full style bar, and extra services like blueberry facials.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.