Lake Arrowhead is a fantastic Southern California day trip or weekend escape at any time of the year. With a beautiful lake, delicious food and exciting entertainment for the entire family, Lake Arrowhead offers something fun for everyone.
The Lake Arrowhead Village is the heart of Lake Arrowhead and is filled with fabulous shopping, eclectic dining and extraordinary entertainment. There are delicious restaurants to choose from, including Papagyos, with its outdoor patio during the summer, and the classic Woody’s Boathouse, which is a great spot during the winter to enjoy a hot meal and watch the fog roll in over the lake. Shopping includes outlets like Coach, Bass and Wilson’s Leather to locally-owned shops, such as Heart’s Desire Bookstore and Sondra’s Clothing. There are concerts every weekend during the summer at the Center Stage and unique events throughout the rest of the year, like Oktoberfest, the Wooden Boat Show and the Farmer’s Market.
Lake Arrowhead Village 28200 Hwy. 189 Lake Arrowhead, CA
Take a Ride on the Arrowhead Queen
The Arrowhead Queen is a narrated boat tour of Lake Arrowhead. Since Lake Arrowhead is a private lake, the Arrowhead Queen is one of the few ways for visitors to get a full tour of the lake, including historical information and information about celebrity homes in the area. Tickets for the Arrowhead Queen can be purchased at Leroy’s Board Shop on the waterfront in the village, near the Lake Arrowhead Queen dock. The Queen is also available for private party rentals.
Lake Arrowhead Queen 28200 CA-189 Suite C100, Lake Arrowhead, CA
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Tour The Tudor House
The Tudor House, once owned by Bugsy Siegal, was a location for the rich and famous to partake in illegal gambling and imbibe in liquor. Today it’s a great place to eat a delightful meal, have a drink or watch a show. The Tudor House is open for special events such as brunch, band showcases and dinner theater. Check out their event page for the dates and times they are open for business.
Tudor House Productions 800 Arrowhead Villa Road Lake Arrowhead, CA
Since Lake Arrowhead is a private lake, Lake Gregory is a wonderful alternative if visitors want to play in the water for the day. Drive over to the town of Crestline, about 20 minutes from Lake Arrowhead, where you can purchase a day pass for use of the lake. There are multiple ticket options, including ones that provide use of the beach, the blow-up waterpark, the waterslides, boat rentals, aqua cycles and fishing.
Lake Gregory 24171 Lake Drive, Crestline, CA
Check Out Wildhaven Ranch
Wildhaven Ranch is an animal sanctuary and rehabilitation center for animals indigenous to the San Bernardino Mountains. Wildhaven sponsors exciting events throughout the year to educate visitors and to raise funds to help protect and take care of the animals. There are tours of the facility available on weekends. Check out their website for dates, times, reservations and pricing of tours. Private tours are also available.
Wildhaven Ranch 29453 Pineridge Dr Cedar Glen, CA
Enjoy the Mountain lets visitors get out in nature and explore the mountain with ATV rentals, Jeep tours, mountain bikes, fishing, hiking and geocaching. Enjoy the Mountain wants to make its customers’ safety and fun a top priority, so they make sure to give tours that explore the mountain responsibly. This tour company gives a view of Lake Arrowhead and the surrounding mountain areas that would be difficult for a tourist to explore on their own.
Enjoy the Mountain 29121 Hook Creek Rd Cedar Glen, CA
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.