The Quapaw Quarter, in Little Rock, encompasses the entirety of downtown Little Rock. The old idea of it being only the Governor’s Mansion District is now gone, and Quapaw Quarter presents you with the best of best from this Arkansas city. Whether you’re looking for history, art, a good meal or a drink, you can find it all here.
Founded in 1976, the Arkansas Repertory Theater entertains folks from all age ranges and backgrounds with its stage productions that show life as it is. The dramatic storytelling illustrating life’s journey are played by guest artists from all over the country. It is located in one of Little Rock’s most famous historic buildings, and it fits a total of 484 people between its main and second stages. The Repertory Theater is the state’s largest non-profit theater company.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Located in the Tower Building of the Little Rock Arsenal, the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History was created to proudly show the state’s military heritage from its territorial years until now. The Tower Building is the birthplace of General Douglas MacArthur and the museum exhibits artefacts, photographs, weapons, uniforms, and more.
The first Fine Arts Club of Arkansas was formed in 1914. The museum of Fine Arts was created in 1937 in Little Rock’s MacArthur Park, and the Arkansas Arts Center was founded in 1960. Although it took a few years, the Center today has a rich collection of art inspiring learning and creative expression. The collection is constantly updated and easily accessible to people from all ages and backgrounds. As you go through the Arts Center, keep in mind that Arkansans have their own sense for art and culture, and look for it.
The Bernice Garden is a true gem in downtown Little Rock. The name hides decades of history and multiple businesses beneath it, such as the Little Rock Inn during the 1940s, followed by the Captain D’s fast food restaurant, and after its burning the building served as the home of businesses on the bottom floor and renters on the top. Today the gardens beautify the Quapaw Quarter district of Little Rock and stand as a sign of community and sustainability. Watch out for the Gardens events, but mostly for the farmer’s market lasting from mid-April until mid-November and the Vintage Market held every second week between April and October.
The Governor’s Mansion is “the home of the people of Arkansas” that symbolizes the state’s rich history and the dedication of serving others. For 40+ years, the Governor’s Mansion has been used for the first family’s public events, dinners and other celebrations. The fact that 45 of Arkansas’ governors have lived in this building proves its historical importance and value to Arkansans. The interior of the mansion is closely preserved in its original architecture, and the Governor and his wife welcome anyone and everyone to swing by and experience true Southern hospitality.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.