Eureka Springs is a friendly historic town nestled in the stunning Ozark mountains of Arkansas. From fine-dining establishments to home-cooked Southern comfort food, the buzzing culinary scene is bound to satisfy anyone’s taste buds. You’ll find gourmet regional food, Mexican with an Arkansas twist, French, Cajun, Italian and plenty of indulgent sweet treats as well. Here are ten of the very best picks.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Local Flavor Café
Located in the historic heart of downtown Eureka Springs, this restaurant is headed up by owner and chef, Britt Evans, a sixth generation native Eurekan with a passion for serving fresh, gourmet-style regional food. Dine on an eclectic range of dishes, from the pear pistou and salmon caesar salad, to the flavor-loaded Sante Fe pita, or the gorgonzola caramelized onion burger. For dessert, be sure not to miss out on the hearty bread and butter pudding with bourbon cream. Dine on the outdoor patio and admire the bustling street scene, or sit inside to fully appreciate the warm atmosphere and inspiring local art that adorns the walls. Local Flavor Café also offers a substantial gluten-free menu, as well as an impressive list of wines and cocktails to complement your meal.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Boasting several local and regional awards, Ermilio’s has received rave reviews for its authentic down-to-earth Italian food and attentive service. Highlights of the menu include the roasted red pepper risotto, any one of the fish specials, the original take on lasagna, along with plenty of rustic bread and roasted garlic cloves. Have fun picking from the wide choice of freshly prepared sauces and dressings, made using gorgonzola, Italian sausage, grilled vegetables, pesto, meatballs, and more. The warm, welcoming staff ensures a memorable dining experience. Reservations aren’t accepted, but there is an outdoor porch and an upstairs seating area that are great places to unwind and enjoy a drink while you wait to be seated.
Mud Street Cafe
Coffee lovers everywhere will rejoice upon entering Mud Street Cafe. This historic restaurant boasts award-winning espressos, freshly ground and brewed coffees with strong distinctive flavors, along with an astonishing variety of teas. Mud Street Cafe also serves great food, especially if you’ve come in search of breakfast or dessert. Try the delicious omelets packed full of fresh ingredients, the veggie hash browns, or the spicy cinnamon rolls, and don’t miss out on the famous homemade muffins. The café is housed in a spacious old-fashioned room below street-level in so-called ‘underground’ Eureka. The interesting art work and friendly staff add even more charm to the experience.
The Stone House
The Stone House is a great place to stop by for those looking to unwind in a quaint, cozy setting with some great wine and tapas-style food. Indulge in a platter of sliced meats, handcrafted cheeses, breads and spreads. Select glasses from the extensive list of wines, and finish off with a tray of exotic fresh fruits. The Stone House is run by an enthusiastic team who is bound to make you feel right at home. The owners are eager to share some of the town’s history and local secrets with diners. There is also live entertainment on certain nights, including hillbilly music from the Camptown Ladies band.
Despite what the name suggests, this place offers a substantial menu along with generous portions that are great for both lunch and dinner. All the food is prepared by a talented chef with a commitment to using quality, fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Choose from a selection of sandwiches, gourmet salads, quiches, and quesadillas. Round off your meal with a rich coffee or one of the thick smoothies. Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, and run by passionate owners who provide gracious service, this charming restaurant is a must-try in Eureka Springs.
The Grand Taverne restaurant, which forms part of the historic Grand Central Hotel, focuses on elegant American and French-inspired cuisine served in a fine-dining setting. The immaculate presentation, candlelit tables, sophisticated décor and piano playing create a refined ambience, making it a particularly good option for romantic dinners and special occasions. The Grand Taverne is renowned for its fish and seafood dishes. Be sure to sample the meaty crab cakes, ribeye steak, or the red lentil-encrusted walleye halibut. The lounge is an atmospheric place to unwind in a more laid-back setting. The bar offers a full drinks list, including beers, wine, whiskey, and liquors, along with specialty drinks such as the decadent chocolate martini.
This small, quirky restaurant treats diners to a delicious array of ‘Ark-Mex’ dishes packed full of flavor-loaded fresh ingredients. Select from a choice of creatively prepared enchiladas, tacos, pies, pizzas and melts, along with a few unique house specialties. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by choice, you won’t do much better than the baked quesadilla of the day served with the restaurant’s legendary salsa verde. With the plethora of salads and fresh greens on offer, Oasis is a particularly good option for vegetarians and vegans. Tucked down a narrow side alley down a flight of stairs, it’s not the easiest place to find, but well worth making the extra effort.
Rockin Pig Saloon
Rockin Pig combines a steakhouse, pizzeria and a biker-friendly bar all in one. It makes a great spot for some hearty American food that far exceeds the standard fare. Dishes range from burgers and sandwiches, to tender steaks served with braised collard greens, as well as large crispy pizzas, wood-baked pies and brisket tacos. The top quality burgers made with Kobe beef, along with the house-cut BBQ fries and smoked jalapeño poppers, receive regular rave reviews. Expect large portions, craft beer on tap, fast service, and a lively bar at the weekends or during sports matches.
Le Stick Noveau
Le Stick Noveau offers guests fine dining and French-inspired cuisine at affordable prices. This restaurant is led by a talented chef who thrives on adding creative twists to traditional dishes, experimenting with novel cooking techniques and dabbling in molecular gastronomy. Highlights not to be missed include the scallops, French onion soup, beef bourguignon, and the risotto. Finish your meal with the decadently moreish three-layer chocolate torte. The professional staff, hip décor, cozy private booths and innovative drinks menu all serve to greatly enhance the experience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.