There’s a wealth of amazing places to take your pet on vacation in Sedona, from fancy resorts with plenty of space for your pooch to cozy inns with pet-friendly gardens, not to mention the hiking and trails in nearby Red Rock State Park. Many of the pet-friendly hotels in Sedona overlook incredible landscapes and offer hiking and biking opportunities, as well as jeep and hot air balloon tours of the desert. Downtime comes in the form of spa treatments or lazing around the firepit in the evening, with or without your beloved dog or cat in tow. Even better, all of these Sedona hotels are bookable with Culture Trip.
Located in Sedona’s Red Rock country, L’Auberge de Sedona is the place to go if you want to be surrounded by nature – the hotel sits in the shade of sycamore trees throughout, its grounds dotted with koi ponds and covered in lush greenery. Rustic-style rooms, cottages and suites come with four-poster beds, fireplaces and pet beds of various sizes. Your pooch will also get a goodie bag, and pet-sitting can be arranged while you have a soak in the pool, or jetted tub, or undergo a massage at the L’Apothecary Spa.
The decor at this unique little hotel celebrates the surrounding mountains and the dramatic landscape of the area, with terracotta-colored walls that echo the Red Rocks, and painted wooden headboards channeling prehistoric cave art. Your canine friend is welcome, too, for $30 per night, as long as they don’t exceed 80lbs (36kg) – call ahead to book a pet-friendly room. After a day of exploring, retire to your patio to enjoy sunset views of Boynton Canyon, Coffee Pot Mountain and Thunder Mountain.
A great place to turn up to with your pooch, this pet-friendly hotel in Sedona is located in Uptown, with easy access to walks in Oak Creek Canyon. Decked out in warm tones, and with bold contemporary art gracing the walls, the rooms and suites welcome your well-behaved dog (for $35 per night) – your fur baby will love the onsite grassy areas as well. The views from the private patios are spectacular, too: there are panoramic vistas of the Red Rocks, including the famous (and appropriately named) Snoopy Rock, plus every room has a fireplace to cozy up with your pet in the evenings.
Perfectly located for the exploration of nearby state parks, and just a short drive from the Thunder Mountain and Devil’s Bridge trailheads, this hotel has several rooms with tiled floors and water bowls for four-legged guests, plus the only dedicated outdoor pet park in Sedona, where everyone is welcome, regardless of size or fur status. The cozy rooms and suites all have fireplaces, ideal for a wonderful rest after exploring Sedona’s natural gems. A freshly cooked breakfast bar every morning gives you the energy you’ll need for hikes or biking the mountain trails.
Positioned high up near the airport, this pet-friendly hotel in Sedona has amazing views of the Red Rock range and the valleys. The understated, cozy rooms come with heavy wooden beams and fireplaces, with panoramic views from the Sky rooms and tranquil garden surroundings for the rest. Your fur baby is welcome to camp out in your room for $25 a night, and the hotel grounds have plenty of space for running around, plus you’re within easy walking distance from the Airport Loop Trail.
Stay here if you want to get to see and learn about the stars: astronomer Dennis Young will initiate you into celestial mysteries. The Arabella is all about taking pleasure in one’s surroundings, from the rooms with giant wall maps of the area and colorful bed runners inspired by Native American art, to the two pools and hot tubs, a fire pit, and an excellent Mexican restaurant. Your four-legged friend will appreciate the dedicated onsite dog park, while both two-legged and four-legged fresh air fiends will enjoy the private hiking trail, Marg’s Draw. Complimentary bikes are available for two-wheeled exploration.
Overlooking Oak Creek, this luxe resort comprises a clutch of rooms and suites, the former with woven abstract art, the latter with bright pops of contemporary art and creek views. A welcome for your petite canine friend doesn’t come cheap: it’s $50 per night for one dog, and $25 for a second one, for a maximum of two. Pet-sitting and dog walking can be arranged so that you can enjoy the seasonal, local dishes at the SaltRock Southwest Kitchen, or the signature Rain Dance massage at the onsite spa.
With spacious rooms decked out in desert shades and with carved headboards, this hotel has a great deal to offer, such as the ton of amenities: year-round heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, a spa with a range of massages and treatments, four tennis courts and a gym, plus a family-friendly nine-hole golf course. Two-wheel Road Cruisers are available for rent, too, or you can get yourself a jeep tour or a hot air balloon trip for birds-eye views of the Sedona desert. Well-behaved dogs are welcome – book a pet-friendly room in advance.
Want a taste of every type of place to stay Sedona offers? See the best hotels for every kind of traveler in Sedona and book with Culture Trip. Alternatively, take your four-legged friend closer to nature by staying at one of the best campsites in Sedona.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.