Mexico City might not have the reputation of, say, Ibiza or Berlin when it comes to a clubbing culture, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. The Mexican capital is teeming with bars and nightclubs where you can go to dance the night away; whether you enjoy reggaeton heavy playlists, chart topping smash hits, or something a little more alternative, there’s something for everyone in Mexico City. Here are our top clubbing spots in the capital.
Patrick Miller is a well-known nightclub on the Mexico City scene, most notably for its dance-off reputation and massively varied clientele. You pay in advance for your drinks tokens and you’ll definitely leave sweatier then when you came in, so be prepared for an evening you’ll never forget. In fact, you know you’re in for an experience if you decide to stop by Patrick Miller, as it even made our guide to Mexico City’s most unique nights out.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Situated in the heart of Roma, one of the best barrios for nightlife in the city, M.N.Roy also has a somewhat legendary status for its revolutionary namesake and celebrity clientele. If you get in, you’ll be able to enjoy electronic music and a wide selection of cocktails, but getting in is tricky; M.N.Roy is incredibly exclusive. You literally have to be in possession of a membership card (or ring!) to enter, or be tight with whoever’s on the door that night.
It had a hype to live up to when it opened in the swanky Polanco district in October 2016, and live up it did. La Santa Polanco, situated right on the corner of one of the city’s fanciest avenues, Masaryk, is one of the poshest (and priciest) hotspots in Mexico City. You need to be on the list and dressed to impressed – waiting in a lengthy queue just to be turned away is never fun. However, while the vibe is exclusive, the music is commercial.
While you might find it difficult to gain access in the first place, given that it has a pretty strict door policy, putting in the effort to get into Leonor is certainly recommended. Located in the Condesa district, Roma’s arguably classier older brother, you can find anything from deep house music to indie tracks playing here depending on the DJ of the evening. It may be small, but it’s a popular club of choice with the Mexico City-ites in the know.
Don’t be confused, or deterred, by the sign that reads ‘Baños Roma’ outside of Main Room because you’re not in fact queuing in your finery to enter a public bathroom, but rather one of the area’s coolest clubbing destinations (you reach the bar via an elevator!). A reservation via Facebook is highly recommended given that, as with many of these clubs, the line is lengthy but the wait is worth it. Only men pay cover.
Dinsmoor is possibly one of the options that you won’t find on many guides to Mexico City clubbing, given that its a crazy exclusive nightclub with an entry process akin to an underground speakeasy. Once you’re inside, industrial décor is the order of the day – red neon signs blaring out social media friendly slogans and wire mesh fences. Depending on the night’s DJ, you might get anything from electronic to house music and you must have a table (or a connection) to gain access. Who said Polanco couldn’t do hipster?
We round off our guide with a club that is also considered one of the city’s most exclusive nightlife destinations, where the interior décor is redone every three months to ensure you always get a new and unique experience. Sens is known for its champagne swigging, posh Mexico City crowd as well as for attracting national and international celebrities, so be sure you’ve got the money and stamina for the place before you queue the night away trying to get in.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.