Situated at the Southern tip of Baja Califorina in Mexico, Los Cabos is a tourist hotspot rapidly growing in popularity. Its idyllic geographical location, a spot where golden desert meets shimmering sea, has deliciously influenced the cuisine on offer here, with most dishes incorporating fresh local seafood. The two towns which form the Los Cabos region, Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo, offer many diverse options in which to sample a variety of tasty food options. Here is our list of the ten best restaurants in Los Cabos.
Huerta Los Tamarindos
Tucked away on a small dirt road is the hidden gem of Huerta Los Tamarindos. Serving tasty Mediterranean-style food, the restaurant specialises in home made pizzas and soups, while also offering a range of seasonal options such as their renowned seafood pasta. Customers can get hands on with their food here, as Los Tamarindos offers four hour cooking classes with the aim of educating about the importance and benefits of organic food. As well as being a popular restaurant, Los Tamarindos is an organic farm and market selling the freshest in Mediterranean ingredients.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Address and telephone number: Animas Bajas, 23400 San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur MX, +52 624 105 6031
HOLA MARIA is a family owned business that strives to serve delicious Mayan cuisine made the traditional way, and succeeds admirably. The most popular dishes are the cochinita pibil, (pork marinated in achiote), relleno negro, (chicken and pork stew), and pollo en escabeche, (chicken in vinegar and onion). Reasonable pricing makes it an excellent choice for families, and it is a top spot to get a quick street taco made with authentic flavors. The horchata and the flan serve as tasty complements for customers are looking for a larger meal.
Address and telephone number: Mega Comercial Mexicana, Planta Baja., 23440 San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, MX +(52)6241421881
After a long vacation in Los Cabos, it’s understandable that diners sometimes seek a food break from tacos and burritos, no matter how tasty they are. Look no further than Cafe Santa-Fe, which has been serving Italian-style cuisine for the past 20 years. Located just north of Cabo in Todos Santos, Cafe Santa-Fe gives tourists the perfect excuse to venture off the beaten path and try something a little different. The restaurant is bursting with rustic charm, housed in a renovated 1850’s building, and serves a delectable range of Italian classics such as spaghetti bolognaise and tirimasu.
Address and telephone number: Calle Centenario No.4 Todos Santos, Baja California Sur MX
Blue Fish serves a tasty variety of Mexican specialities including tostadas, fish cocktails, ceviche and tacos, among others. The restaurant makes excellent sashimi to order, both from the catch of the day and from fish featured daily on their menu, such as octopus and scallops. Unlike some restaurants, Blue Fish serves alcohol on the premises, making it an ideal spot for a friendly gathering or casual family dinner.
Address and telephone number: Colonia La Joya, CP 23405, San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, MX, +52 1726652
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.