Polanco is the swankiest neighborhood in Mexico City, making it popular with visitors who like to vacation in luxury. We’ve narrowed down the vast selection of plush hotels and accommodation options in this ‘colonia’ to bring you the best.
Polanco is one of the safest neighborhoods in Mexico City, and home to a blend of modern architecture and classic Spanish-colonial-revival buildings. On the activity front, there’s a wealth to explore, from museums and restaurants to Bosque de Chapultepec, one of the largest city parks in the world. Make this charming area your base on your next Mexico City break, and check into one of these sensational spots.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Looking for a more personalized experience? Then book Culture Trip’s five-day Mexico City adventure where you’ll get to enjoy the highlights of this wonderful city while being guided by one of our expert Local Insiders.
Orchid House is a light-filled turn-of-the-century mansion on one of the tree-lined street Campos Elíseos. Each suite is filled with vintage details, such as Spanish tile and punched-tin ceilings, and don’t miss the orchid left in the entryway. Walk one block north for the shopping street of Masaryk or head a block south to the giant Bosque de Chapultepec.
Conveniently on the edge of Polanco and the exclusive Lomas de Chapultepec neighborhood, Las Suites is perfect for anyone on the move in Mexico City. Take your pick from one of the 91 suites before heading up to the rooftop pool for views over the city. And don’t miss the complimentary breakfast or round-the-clock coffee, tea and fruit bar.
The Green Park Hotel occupies a renowned art deco building just off Avenida Constituyentes, across the street from Bosque de Chapultepec and a short walk to the nearest Metro station. Each of the 33 suites has a refined look, decked out with English-style furniture, and comes with views of the park or the interior patio. Begin your day on the patio for breakfast, but don’t forget to check out the rooftop lounge to watch the sunset fall over the Chapultepec trees.
Casa Emilia belongs to a new generation of luxury bed and breakfasts cropping up around the city. It has just seven rooms, so your stay is sure to feel intimate, whether you pick the airy, white-walled suite with open windows or the exposed-brick bedroom with blackout curtains. It’s perfectly located between Polanco and other key points of interest, including the nearby Ángel de la Independencia on Avenida Reforma.
Las Alcobas has become synonymous with a kind of upscale luxury you only really find in this Mexico City neighborhood. In a renovated 1950s apartment building, this boutique hotspot combines a modern façade with a muted, tranquil interior that feels a world away from the bustle of the business district. All the 35 custom-designed rooms have five-star status and subtle Mexican touches.
A pioneer of modern accommodation in Mexico City, Hotel Habita has a (literal) icy exterior. The eye-catching property looks like a giant ice cube, sweltering in the Mexico City heat. This sense of cool extends to the interiors, with stylish furnishings, modern art, chic lighting and whitewashed walls. The decadent rooftop pool is another standout feature at this spot.
Kylie Madry contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.