From water slides and tennis courts to muscle-melting treatments and restorative facials, Cancún’s spa hotels offer you pampering both inside and out while allowing you to enjoy those Caribbean views and white sands the Yucatán Peninsula city is known for. Read on for the best spa hotels in Cancún, bookable on Culture Trip.
Cancún is all about the good life. From warm Caribbean waves to blow-out restaurants, buzzy nightlife to designer shopping, this Mexican resort exists to please – and that goes for its top-notch spas, too. When you’ve had your fill of the beach, you can retire to a luxurious, relaxing space for a top-class coddling, whether your bag is massages, skin-softening wraps or elaborate thermal suites. Welcome to our list of the best spa resorts in Cancún – the ultimate places for pampering.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The outdoor hot tub, overlooking white-sand beach and warm sun-drenched surf, is just one of the draws of a visit to this adults-only spa resort. Wellness nuts can spend days sweating it out in the sauna and steam bath, lifting weights in the gym or doing lengths in the al fresco pool – even joining a game of tennis on the dedicated courts. Because it’s all-inclusive, you needn’t keep constant tabs on spending either; head for a globe-trotting feast at the Paradise restaurant, then sip bottomless piña coladas at the Tiki Bar.
Near turquoise-lapped Caracol Beach and a host of Cancún’s most popular restaurants and bars, Fiesta Americana has rooms sleeping four or eight people, making it perfect for families or groups of friends seeking a communal pampering trip. Minimalist bedrooms meet dining areas with splashes of red and private terraces drenched in sun rays – as well as kitchens, so you can save cash by self-catering. The spa is affordable, with friendly service to boot, so don’t hesitate to book multiple treatments.
How does a swim-up suite sound? At this stylish resort, a few minutes’ drive from central Cancún, you can go straight from your bed to a private terrace, fronted by the cool waters of a palm-lined pool. But that’s not the only indulgence here. Big baths with hydrotherapy massage jets, an Ibiza-inspired Beach Club restaurant and the Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre all are feel-good reasons to stay – as is the spectacular spa, with ice cabins, foot showers and water slides.
Families come to Beachscape in part for the brilliant nearby beach: shallow, quiet and child-friendly. But the two- and three-bedroom suites – really letting you spread out – are another big draw, as is the prime pool area, lined with loungers. Sneak away to the tranquil spa for a bit of adult time, getting a citrus-scented body scrub or a skin-brightening facial. Return recharged, ready for beachside volleyball games or a splash in the shallows with your brood.
Secreted away in a lush garden, replete with palms and birdsong, the spa at Villa del Palmar brings real tropical vibes to your treatments. The rambling space, with its pool and sun-flooded treatment rooms, is the place to come for a warm stone massage to soothe tired muscles, or a deep-cleansing facial that treats stressed skin. When you finally tear yourself away, you’ll have multiple swimming pools and restaurants to enjoy, plus luxury suites sleeping up to six people.
Gazing out to sparkling sea and Isla Mujeres, a pretty beach-lined island across from Cancún, Garza Blanca is great for busy types – you can spend days joining yoga classes or dance sessions, trying out water sports or bocce ball, or simply snorkeling in the warm waters. It’s all-inclusive, so you can enjoy three slap-up meals a day on site, saving more cash for extra treats, such as muscle-melting spa treatments or day trips to Mayan ruins.
Dressed in creamy hues, with hydro tubs, couples’ treatment rooms and a sauna and steam complex, Le Blanc’s spa is a soothing space to spend a restorative afternoon. But it’s not the only part of the resort dedicated to wellness. Rooms come with yoga mats and a healthy minibar with coconut water; a wellness concierge will help you sort fitness activities; a light-simulating alarm clock gives you a gentle wake up in the morning. But most soothing of all? Those knock-out views, over powdery beach and luminous blue surf.
Looking for somewhere different to stay? Why not try a unique boutique hotel or a resort in Cancún, instead? Whether you’re looking for the best spot for brunch, or a restaurant endorsed by locals, Culture Trip has you covered. For adventures further afield, check out the most beautiful destinations in the Yucatán.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.