Vancouver is a top spot for a romantic break, with a mountainous backdrop, a scenic waterfront, a mouth-watering culinary scene and a wealth of culture to dip into. The metropolis is also home to a spread of hotels that will help you get into the amorous swing of things. Here we reveal some of the most romantic hotels in Vancouver, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Check into this characterful boutique hotel for a hotel room to remember. Skwachàys has 18 rooms and suites and each one features unique interiors designed by an indigenous artist. Each space has a theme, with hummingbirds, the Northern Lights and the ocean among the inspirations. The King Salmon room has a romantic feel, with a black and lipstick-red color scheme, while the Water room has a calming atmosphere, with a natural wood headboard bejeweled with pebbles. Each stay goes towards funding the Skwachàys artist in residence program.
Situated in the heart of downtown, just a two-minute walk from Robson Street, this classically luxurious hotel is a fabulous spot to return to after you’ve shopped till you’ve dropped. Rooms are elegant, with plush beds and large windows allowing for plenty of natural light and top city views. The indoor pool and spa make for a great place to unwind as a couple, as does the on-site oyster bar, with other culinary treats whipped up by award-winning chefs. The moreish chocolate terrine is a must-try.
This award-winning boutique hotel is in the heart of the city, yet it is a peaceful oasis, with Scandinavian-style interiors and floor-to-ceiling windows serving up top city views. Cocoon yourself in the calm atmosphere and explore all the property has to offer, from the excellent on-site bistro to the bone-warming infrared sauna. If you want to take your romantic break up a notch, book into the heavenly garden terrace suite, which includes a private patio and deep soaking tub.
This hotel oozes five-star luxury from the get-go, with chandeliers dripping from the lobby, friendly staff to greet you on check-in and a glossy grand piano just waiting to be played. The 119 rooms and suites continue the luxe theme, and you’ll feel every inch the star jumping into bed here. The on-site restaurant is a must-visit, with Italian-inspired dishes ranging from braised duck to tomato polenta and a delectable tiramisu. However, the icing on the cake is the state-of-the-art spa, which gives you access to a highly Instagrammable rooftop pool.
Looking for a centrally located luxury hotel offering both mountain and harbor views? Well, this swanky Fairmont outpost should fit the bill. Along with unparalleled West Coast vistas, a stay here will also land you upscale comfort, personalized service and easy access to everything that makes Vancouver spectacular. Spend a lazy afternoon around the outdoor pool, which overlooks the harbor, before enjoying a leisurely dinner in the atmospheric ARC Restaurant. Alternatively, order room service and take a feast to bed with you.
An air of romance sweeps through this refined Rosewood outpost at the heart of downtown. First opened in 1927, this hotel quickly became one of the most fashionable Vancouver retreats, and thanks to an extensive renovation it was returned to its former glory in 2011. Rooms and suites feature an attractive mix of contemporary and period features, with creams and golds setting an elegant tone. Upgrade to a top-tier suite with fireplace, plunge pool and a rooftop garden terrace. The Hawksworth Restaurant is worth checking out even if you’re not staying here, with a delicious menu curated by award-winning chef David Hawksworth. The seafood platter for two will be sure to get you in the mood.
Haven’t found your ideal hotel in the city yet? Discover the best places to stay in Vancouver for a local experience, or the best spa hotels in Vancouver, and book now via Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.