Vancouver, British Columbia, draws visitors from around the world who come to whale watch, sightsee, experience natural beauty and dine in the diverse city. Located on the western coast of Canada, Vancouver also includes many family-friendly activities. Stroll through the massive Stanley Park – a temperate rainforest in the city – dive into the Vancouver Aquarium or take a ride on the rainbow-colored Aquabus ferry. A host of family-friendly hotels welcome kids and round out your vacation, bookable on Culture Trip.
Westin hotels have a family program that ensures a stay is fun and comfortable for both kids and adults. Upon checkin, kids will receive a Westin Family Travel Journal and local activity guide where they can record their adventures. Kids’ menus at the hotel’s restaurants take children’s wellness into mind. At the Westin Bayshore, large rooms and suites have plenty of space for everyone and include marina, mountain or city views. Kids can splash around in the indoor and outdoor pools while parents enjoy poolside cocktails.
The views from the Pinnacle Hotel can’t be beat. Accommodations include sweeping panoramas of the Vancouver Harbour – and its sparkling blue water and towering mountains – that can be viewed from balcony rooms. The large rooms and suites are ideal for families. Kids get their own breakfast and lunch/dinner menu at on-site P2B Bistro & Bar. Plus you really can bring every member of the family – the hotel is dog-friendly, too.
The sleek Fairmont Waterfront hotel has a year-round family package that offers 40 percent off a second room – connecting rooms where possible. In addition to the discount, the package also includes self-parking for one vehicle, an in-room daily movie, board games upon request, and milk and cookies delivered to the room. When dining at the hotel’s ARC Restaurant, kids under 12 receive a 50 percent discount on menu items.
The Pan Pacific hotel offers what they call the Ultimate Family Getaway. At this five-star waterfront hotel, families can book a second room for 50 percent off. The package also includes a daily food and beverage credit of $50, as well as free self-parking for one car. Kids will enjoy splashing around in the outdoor, heated saltwater pool that’s open year-round. Adults can escape to Spa Utopia, the largest spa in British Columbia.
The Sutton Place Hotel brings European elegance to Vancouver. A variety of room configurations increase sleeping options for families, and several include sofa beds. An indoor pool is open daily and connects to a seasonal outdoor patio. Parents can unwind at the Sutton Wine Merchant or the Vida Spa. If grandma and grandpa plan to come, seniors aged 55 and over receive up to a 40 percent discount – plus early checkin and late checkout – on their room.
This hotel only offers suites, making it a great choice for larger families or those who want the amenities of home. Family-friendly and pet-friendly suites feature separate bedroom and living areas, a mini-fridge and flat-screen TVs that can connect to Netflix. On-site restaurant Stock & Supply offers build-your-own charcuterie board and beer flight options for adults, and a varied menu for kids. Walk to nearby Stanley Park when you’re ready to explore.
Stay in one of the most well-known buildings of Vancouver’s skyline: One Wall Centre, the north tower of the Sheraton hotel. The striking building is made up of floor-to-ceiling windows that provide infinite views of the city and its natural surroundings. Specific Family Rooms can be booked, which feature a larger room than the standard guest room, with either one king or two double beds. A heated indoor pool is open daily.
Haven’t found your ideal hotel in the city yet? Discover the best places to stay in Vancouver for a local experience, and book now via Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.