It’s not news that Instagram has basically taken over the world in 2017. People are always looking for the best selfie backdrop or breathtaking view when they travel so that they can share it on their account. Keep reading to discover just where to find the most Instagrammable places in Vancouver, which are guaranteed to get you likes.
Grouse Mountain is a great place to visit in both summer and winter. In all seasons, the view of Vancouver from the North Vancouver mountain is breathtaking, especially at sunset. In winter, Grouse Mountain transforms into the Peak of Christmas, which will bring a certain touch of holiday spirit to your Instagram feed. Step into the Light Walk, go ice skating, or even capture an action shot from the slopes.
Grouse Mountain, 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
East Van cross
The East Van Cross (or sign) isn’t in the best location for selfies. But it looks amazing when lit up at night or backdropped against a blue sky, which is pretty rare in Raincouver. Artist Ken Lum created the Monument for East Vancouver, which was erected in 2010. It now graces jewelry, tote bags, and shirts as well, which are available at various local independent boutiques.
East Van Cross, 2113-2173 Clark Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Gastown is without a doubt the most Instagrammable neighborhood in Vancouver. Some of the key places to visit include Hotel Europe, also known as Vancouver’s Flatiron building. It’s a perfect spot for an outfit photo. Secondly, the steam clock is a Vancouver icon. Thirdly, the ice cream at Soft Peaks is incredibly delicious and Instagrammable too. Gastown’s twinkling lights and cobblestone streets were made for Instagram.
Gastown, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Catch the Seabus from Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver. In less than 30 minutes, you will be looking across to Vancouver’s skyline. It’s one of the best places to see the sunset in the city, and you can even see Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge from the pier at the Shipyards next door. During the summer, the Shipyards also host a weekly Friday night market, where you will find the city’s best food trucks serving up delicious Instagrammable food too.
Lonsdale Quay, North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Rainbow wall in South Granville
Located on Granville Street and W 6th Avenue, this rainbow wall will make your feed pop. There are two identical murals side by side in this carpark. Have fun posing with the rainbows: stand in the middle or do a jump shot or casually walk by the painting. It’s recommended visiting on a weekday, as the neighborhood will definitely be quieter.
There are also several places to get great Instagram shots on Granville Island. Beside the water in front of Granville Island Public Market, you can capture views of downtown Vancouver and both the Granville and Burrard Bridges. Looking towards Burrard Bridge, you can also see Stanley Park in the photos. Inside the market, get the quintessential Instagram photo of your shoes in front of a flower stand at Granville Island Florist. Alternatively, add some color to your feed and take a picture of the mural on the silos nearby.
Granville Island, Vancouver, BC, Canada
The painting of angel wings is another great street art piece in Vancouver. Find the #kitswings mural in Kitsilano, around Burrard and 4th Avenue. It definitely became a favorite photo stop this summer as people headed to Kits Beach. Check out the hashtag #kitswings on Instagram, and make sure you use it to tag your photo too!
One of the top attractions in Vancouver, Stanley Park looks good from every angle. It also has many gorgeous backdrops. As you enter Stanley Park from Coal Harbour, look back and capture Vancouver’s skyscraper skyline juxtaposed against the trees. Then continue onwards to the Brockton Point Lighthouse, Siwash Rock (a good place for sunset), and even Lions Gate Bridge, which has made an appearance on Instagram a few thousand times. Finally, for a beach shot, check out one of Stanley Park’s many beautiful beaches.
Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Olive + Ruby Cafe
What makes for an Instagrammable café? Cute wallpaper? Check. Succulents? Check. Perfectly presented food and coffee? Check. Swinging egg chairs? Check! Olive + Ruby ticks all the boxes when it comes to Instagram, so make sure you visit this family-owned and -operated Vancouver business. The pretty food on offer includes delicious bowls and “things on toast.”
Olive + Ruby Cafe, 2839 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC, Canada, +1 604 801 9600
La Pentola Mural
The final mural on the list, located on the side of La Pentola on Davie Street in Yaletown, is great for portraits. Share a photo of you and your special someone here, or perhaps a snap with a bestie? There’s no better backdrop to use to show your love for someone in Vancouver.
La Pentola, 350 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
Venture into the wilderness and visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park for a treetop portrait. The most popular Instagram angle at the park is to walk away from the camera and onto one of the many bridges. Capilano can get busy with visitors during the day and over Christmas when it’s sparkling, thanks to its Canyon Lights event. So an alternative is to check out Lynn Canyon, which is free and has its own miniature suspension bridge too.
Capilano Suspension Bridge, West Vancouver, BC, Canada
Queen Elizabeth Park
Queen Elizabeth Park is another great place to visit for several shots (to keep that Instagram game strong). Firstly, wander through the park, and capture a photo beside the manicured gardens or with some photogenic fall leaves. Then take a picture of the incredible skyline view, where the North Shore mountains provide a perfect backdrop for Vancouver. Finally, venture inside Bloedel Conservatory, which is a hidden tropical paradise in this Pacific Northwest city.
Queen Elizabeth Park, 4600 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.