Even in this cosmopolitan Canadian city packed with high-rise condos, it’s sometimes nice to stay low to the ground. The bed and breakfasts in Vancouver exude charm, with excellent locations near beaches and parks, and many in lovely walkable neighborhoods. Best of all, you’ll have a knowledgeable host who will be thrilled to share their local tips and tricks, helping you make the most of your time in Canada. Here are the best Vancouver bed and breakfasts, bookable on Culture Trip.
Thankfully, heritage home restorers Jim Britton and Mike Brown saved this grand Queen Anne mansion on the edge of downtown from demolition in 1995. There are six guest rooms (plus a cottage with garden access), each with a blend of antique and modern furniture; some have bay windows or skylights. Wake up to a three-course breakfast, and enjoy a sherry toast each evening, with snacks available from a guest pantry all day.
On a side street between downtown and Stanley Park (and just a block from the shops on Robson Street), the West End Guest House occupies a colorful 1906 Victorian abode. Accommodations range from a small room for the solo traveler to deluxe suites. Each morning, grab a seat at the big table in the art-filled breakfast room for a family-style meal. Later in the day, enjoy the several welcoming outdoor spaces.
North Vancouver offers a different take on the metropolitan area, with glittering city views and a lively waterfront of its own. Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast offers a range of ensuite rooms for singles, couples and families, plus a hearty breakfast. The B&B is in a neighborhood near Lonsdale Quay, and the North Shore is easily accessible via the Lions Gate Bridge or with a fun ride on the SeaBus.
This inn has an ideal location, a short stroll from English Bay, Stanley Park and the dining and shopping streets of the West End. Five ensuite rooms are suited to couples or solo explorers and include a home-cooked breakfast. A self-catering apartment downstairs is popular with families and business travelers. Common areas include a patio and garden.
Set on a quiet street in the Arbutus Ridge neighborhood, not far from Kitsilano Beach, this Vancouver bed and breakfast sits inside a custom-built house with a low carbon footprint. Choose from four spacious rooms – one with a balcony – or the Laneway Cottage. The inn is a family affair, run by sisters Jenny and Linda, who are happy to help you make the most of a stay in Vancouver.
Irish-born Helen Kelly has imported some magic from her homeland to this gracious neighborhood inn. There are just two rooms: one overlooking the garden and the other facing north to the mountains. Experience Helen’s hospitality over a hearty breakfast, and relax in the fireplace lounge and beautifully landscaped grounds. Cambie Street and half a dozen parks are within walking distance.
This convivial spot in the West End has an array of imaginatively decorated rooms, along with handsome common areas where you might curl up with a book or play chess with a fellow guest. The friendly manager, Dennis, is a singer who has traveled widely and loves extreme sports. The shops and restaurants of Robson Street are a short stroll away.
Bringing European panache to North Vancouver, Crystal’s View Bed and Breakfast is a plush bolthole with classical suites named after Italian composers. Each day starts with a three-course breakfast banquet, including an omelet, fruit plate and yogurt, served in the dining room that overlooks downtown and the ocean. Complementary coffee and tea are available throughout the day, and there’s a charming garden with a gazebo and fountains.
Haven’t found your ideal hotel in the city yet? Discover the best places to stay in Vancouver for a local experience, and book now via Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.