A hot-weather haven, where turquoise waters connect 700 plus islands, reefs and cays, the Caribbean has an evergreen appeal. It’s a hotspot for year-round sunseekers, a go-to honeymoon destination and playground for the rich, royal and famous. Whatever your reason for going – and we can think of many – there’s a hotel for you in the Caribbean. Here are the best.
The unmistakable peaks of the lush green hills in St Lucia provide an epic backdrop to this all-inclusive 24ha (60 acres) resort in Labrelotte Bay, in the north-west of the island. Five dining options range from family-friendly casual beachside meals to an elegant à la carte menu. Perfect for larger groups traveling with children, the resort offers villas with up to four bedrooms, supervised clubs for both kids and teens, onsite watersports facilities and an action-packed program of entertainment.
Adult holidaymakers seeking a more serene ambiance, but with the convenience of all-inclusive and plenty of pursuits, will enjoy this five-star resort on Playa Bavaro in the Dominican Republic. Book a couple’s massage in a waterside palm shelter, sip cocktails at the aqua bar, enjoy international gastronomy in a sleek alfresco restaurant, and dance until dawn at the disco. Accommodation is arranged across 255 low-rise villa rooms.
The Island House in Nassau offers a unique, inland, boutique experience, providing a refreshing alternative to large coastal resorts. Beaches aren’t far away though – just under 4km (2.5mi) – and there’s a nearby underwater sculpture garden. The architecture is Asian-inspired, and the decor is simple. There’s also a full-service organic spa, plus a 48-seater cinema and three sophisticated eateries.
Gourmands who prefer their food locally grown, organic and carefully handcrafted will revel in the modern Jamaican cuisine served at the Round Hill in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Vegetarian diners are especially well catered for, and a starlit seaside terrace provides a picture-perfect setting for dinners. Guests can opt to stay in a room or villa, designed exclusively by Ralph Lauren.
If you like your hotel with heritage, book a stay at this secluded 300-year-old sugar plantation in the foothills of Nevis Peak in Nevis. Owned and run by the Hoffmans – including resident labrador Cosmo – the intimate vibe here encourages you to disconnect from the stresses of daily life. A private beach some 228m (750ft) beneath the property is strewn with hammocks and cabanas, while interior areas feature contemporary artworks.
The upscale Park Hyatt brand brings dependable luxury to Banana Bay in St Kitts. Meeting facilities, reliable wifi, extra-large bright rooms, multiple diverse dining options, a kids’ camp and the Sugar Mill Spa & Sanctuary allow you to mix work with pleasure. Swimming in the beach-style pool – built adjacent to the actual beach – is a real highlight.
This Montego Bay property underwent an enormous renovation, ensuring a wide range of facilities in proximity to the White Witch and Cinnamon Hill golf courses. The resort now has a traditional English pub called Union Jack’z, a Moroccan-themed rooftop cocktail lounge named Fez, a swim-up bar and 12 other hotspots to eat and imbibe. The complex proffers treats including infinity pools, four-poster day beds, butler service and oceanside fire pits.
Hosting countless marriages and honeymoons, this Seven Mile Beach resort in western Jamaica was designed with love in mind. Seafront suites, candlelit restaurants and private sunset beach dining provide the kinds of encounters conducive to romance. It also has the largest sports and fitness complex on the island – a whole 4ha (10 acres) – as well as PADI-certified scuba instructors on hand for a dive into the aquamarine world of Negril.
No less than $45million was spent modernizing this gated community retreat in the Dominican Republic. The resulting resort has a world-class spa and fitness center, six pools with rattan cabanas, a live piano bar, a shopping galleria and five eateries – including an over-ocean seafood restaurant on stilts. Minibars are restocked daily, gourmet meals can be ordered round the clock, and guests can choose from a pillow menu. Spanish colonial building design blends with the contemporary tropical decor at this adults-only sanctuary.
Set in the sheltered enclave of Pinney’s Beach, the 189-room Four Seasons is a sporty choice on the western coast of Nevis. It has 10 tennis courts and a golf course in addition to complimentary group games and facilities for non-motorized watersports. The resort is family-friendly, yet it has plenty of restful goings-on to escape the hum of activity, including a spa and child-free reflection pool. A private pier lights up the night and houses a ceviche station by day.
Make sure you stop in St Barts during your Caribbean holiday. The island promises everything from upscale boutiques to volcanic slopes. See the best resorts in St Barts and book your stay with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.