Fujairah is the Emirates where the mountains meet the sea and being the only one located on the east coast of the UAE, this city is the ideal place for a weekend getaway. While most tourists visiting the UAE opt to stay in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi, Fujairah definitely is a must-visit destination in the country. Approximately a three-hour drive away from Dubai, Fujairah offers a unique landscape and the perfect beach getaway for visitors.
Stay by the Beach
Frankly, there isn’t much to do in Fujairah as a city. While Dubai and Abu Dhabi are filled with things to see and do and record breaking attractions, Fujairah doesn’t have much to offer in those terms. However, the Emirate’s unique selling point is the sea. This city offers a vast array of beach resorts with crystal clear waters to bathe and snorkel in. When visiting Fujairah, staying by the beach is a must. Some of the most popular beach resorts in the city are the Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort, Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort and the Radisson Blu Resort. All of these have their own private beaches. For those looking to stay in little villas by the beach, the Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort is also a great option. From there, people can have a great view of Snoopy Island, an island in Fujairah made popular for its resemblance to the cartoon character Snoopy, laying down.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort, Fujairah, UAE, +971 9 204 1111
Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Al Aqah, Fujairah, UAE, +971 9 244 9000
Radisson Blu Resort, Dibba Road, Al Aqah, Fujairah, UAE, +971 9 244 9700
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort, Al Aqah, Fujairah, UAE, +971 9 244 5555
Explore the Marine Life
Seeing that Fujairah’s sea water is crystal clear and clean, the marine life in the Emirate is vivid and beautiful. When staying in the city, it is a must to go snorkeling and get a glimpse of all the different sea animals that reside there. When snorkeling in Fujairah, visitors are able to see anything from fish to turtles. Certain tours even take people to snorkel around Snoopy Island, where the high seas allow for a larger variety of sea animals to be spotted.
Learn the History
Another singular feature that Fujairah has to offer are the historical sights in the city, bringing together a variety of forts, museums and castles that go back as far as five centuries. Fujairah is home to the UAE’s oldest-still standing mosque, a must-see attraction when visiting the country. Al Badiyah Mosque dates back to the 15th century and its rustic construction exudes simplicity and can teach visitors more about the history of the UAE. Another popular historical attraction is the Fujairah Fort, standing on top of a hill and overseeing the entire city of Fujairah.
Al Badiyah Mosque, Al Badiyah, Fujairah, UAE, +971 9 234 3363
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.