Dubai is a city buzzing with exciting things to see and do, with new and innovative attractions emerging in the city all the time. Everyone should visit Dubai at least once in their lifetime, and whether people can stay a few days or just pop by for a layover, they will never be bored when it comes to this Emirate. It’s easy to fill five days with excitement when visiting this popular city, and here’s how to do so.
Day 1: Arrive and Hit Up Dubai Mall
Upon landing in Dubai, visitors might want to take the first day a little slower and just get a general feel of the city before the real sightseeing begins. Dubai Mall is the perfect spot to do that. The biggest shopping mall in the world, offering 1,200 retail outlets, it is the ideal spot to go grab a bite, people watch and see two of Dubai’s main attractions in one go: the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountains. For those who truly want to get a full overview of the city on their first day, they can buy a ticket to go to the 148th floor of the tallest building in the world and take in the full view of the city from above.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Dubai Mall, Financial Centre Road, Downtown Dubai, +971 800 382 246 255
Day 2: Take a Tour of Dubai
A full day is the ideal time to hit up the “New Dubai”. This essentially means everything that was built within the last 40 or so years. This includes the world-famous seven star-hotel, the Burj Al Arab; although people must make reservations to go inside, there’s a great photo-op of the building in the Souk Madinat Jumeira, another crucial attraction for all visitors to pop by. Other important spots to check out are the Palm Jumeirah, where people can see the skyline of the Dubai Marina; as well as grab a bite at the trendy neighborhoods in town such as Jumeirah Beach Residences or Downtown Dubai.
Everything the heart desires can be done in one day with minimal rush. Visitors can hop on the Big Bus Tour – a popular way for tourists to get around, book a private tour or even get around Dubai by themselves using taxi or metro. Either way, one full day is ideal to see the main attractions in the modern half of Dubai.
Day 3: Check Out the Old Quarter
Dubai’s Old Quarter is where all the history of Dubai can be seen in the present day. Located by the Dubai Creek, there are a series of attractions which can take a whole day to unveil. Here, people can visit the Dubai Museum and learn more about the past of this booming city, as well as how Dubai became what it is today. They can then walk down the historic streets of Bastakiya, while checking out other smaller museums, art galleries and even grab lunch at the Basta Art Cafe, for some traditional Arabic food. Perhaps the most interesting spots in the Old Quarter are the Gold and Spice Souks, which visitors can access by taking a 1 AED boat ride across the creek. Altogether, this makes for a fantastic and educative day, where visitors will be able to discover the city’s roots.
Day 4: Go On a Desert Safari
People shouldn’t visit Dubai and miss out on seeing the desert. This is what desert safaris are for! These day-long tours take visitors into the desert in order to help them get in touch with their inner Bedouin and better understand Emirati culture. The desert safaris consist of dune bashing, where SUVs jump through massive sand dunes – this is not for the faint of heart! Then visitors are taken to camps which resemble the ones from Bedouin times, where they eat traditional Arabic barbecue, watch bellydancing shows, smoke hookah and have a blast – Emirati style!
Day 5: Head Home
This is the day to say a sad goodbye to Dubai and start planning a return – one trip might not be enough. The last day is always a fantastic chance to revisit any favorite spots (should there be time to spare), buy souvenirs and head to the airport early. The latter is especially applicable if flying Emirates. The company has it’s own terminal in the Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3, with a massive Duty Free that can take hours to explore – so it’s best to get there early and enjoy one last shopping spree before leaving.
Dubai International Airport, Dubai, +971 4 224 5555
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.