Doha – a city bursting with luxurious indulgences – is one of the richest, most vibrant cities in the Middle East. Home to Western-style resorts and spas, Qatar’s capital city offers a wide range of lavish yet traditional treatments in palace-like buildings with unique decor.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Bliss Spa Doha
Enter the Bliss Spa Doha inside the W Doha Hotel & Residences at West Bay, and you’ll be welcomed into a large colourful space. The spa offers the usual complement of treatments, such as massages, facials, waxing, nail care, microdermabrasion and more – for both men and women. Bliss Spa Doha also has a gym with various equipment, along with a serene pool with a poolside bar.
Sharq Village and Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Resort
As many of Doha’s buildings are new builds with a contemporary Western-style, it can sometimes be challenging to get a traditional feel of the city. That’s why the Sharq Village and Spa is a refreshing counterbalance. Modelled on a traditional sheikh’s palace, it is the largest spa in Doha, complete with 23 treatment rooms. Located just 15 minutes from Hamad International Airport, this place is a great choice if you’re on a tight schedule or even a short stopover. Why not try one of its 80-minute massages to work the aches and discomforts of a long flight away and start the next leg of your journey relaxed and refreshed?
The Spa at Al Jasra Boutique Hotel
Inside Al Jasra, a five-star hotel close to Dhow Harbour, is The Spa. The centre draws heavily on Middle Eastern style and hospitality, offering a combination of services that range from traditional Arabic treatments to modern techniques. An array of massages are on offer, including tension relief massages, traditional hot stone massages as well as aromatherapy and mother-to-be massages. But to experience its signature treatment, go for the full-body massage – a soothing treatment that involves mindfulness and traditional therapies that will leave you feeling relaxed.
Four Seasons Spa
As one of the world’s most well-known high-end hotel brands, the Four Seasons Doha is as impressive as you would expect. The spa, which is three stories high and has beautiful beachfront views of the Arabian Gulf, has been designed to reflect traditional Arabic design. Stop by for its facial and body treatments as well as rituals, salon services and more. But to get the most out of your visit, try its ‘Healing Waters’, where century-old hydrotherapy techniques are used to lift the spirit and relax the body.
Heavenly Spa by Westin
If you’re looking to spend the day at the spa but want to be able to take your family with you and keep them entertained, the Heavenly Spa by Westin is your best bet. Part spa and part recreation centre, it’s conveniently located on Salwa Road in the Fereej Bin Mahmoud neighbourhood. Here, plenty of recreational services are available, including personal training, swimming classes for both babies and adults, and plenty of workout classes. There’s even a wave pool for the kids to use while you relax and unwind. The range of treatments and rituals on offer here include everything from massages – the hot stone massage is one relaxing option – to waxing services.
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara
If a city-based spa just isn’t exotic enough for you, then you might want to visit Banana Island. This Anantara resort is a 25-minute catamaran ride from Doha, but you can also choose to arrive by private helicopter if you prefer a bird’s-eye view of the island. Imaginatively named because of the island’s banana shape, this resort offers some of the best full-package treatments in Doha. Try the two-hour hammam treatment, where you’ll soak in a relaxing Turkish bath. Alternatively, go for its signature Royal Moroccan Bath Ceremony – a face and skin treatment that will leave you feeling refreshed.
Remède Spa at The St Regis Doha
The Rèmede Spa is a wellness haven for anyone looking to exchange the bustle of the city for a tranquil experience. Tighten your skin with its Secret of Youth (an anti-ageing treatment with ice effect), or go for the Diamond Rose (an exfoliating treatment that includes a scrub and a massage). Offering a range of treatments, unique techniques and ingredients, the services at the Rèmede Spa are designed to satisfy each guest by providing customised treatments that will leave you feeling refreshed.
Spa by Clarins at Marsa Malaz Kempinski
If you can’t get enough of private islands, then a visit to The Pearl-Qatar is a must. This artificial island juts out from the city into the Persian Gulf and is home to the Marsa Malaz Kempinski, which has its own Clarins spa. Focusing on relaxation and wellbeing, it offers specialised treatments such as body wraps, massages, hammams and facials. But to get the full experience, try its signature Jet Lagger – a treatment designed to help relieve swollen feet, a dehydrated face and even a sore back.
Angsana Spa at the Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
Visitors to the Angsana Spa at the Wyndham Grand Regency Doha can try a range of massages, including ones that originate from India, Sweden and Thailand. Offering a sense of serenity, the spa focuses on holistic healing treatments, such as the Ayurvedic Treat – which originated from ancient India. Here, each therapist has over 350 hours of training at the Banyan Tree Spa Academy to ensure that guests experience the best of wellness and rejuvenation. With family and children’s packages available, it’s a great way for everyone to relax and unwind.
Jaula Spa and Club at the Grand Hyatt Doha
The Jaula Spa at the Grand Hyatt Doha incorporates the symmetry and spectacle of a Qatari royal palace. And since jaula means journey in Arabic, the spa focuses on offering every guest a journey to experience true wellness that will leave them feeling like royalty. The Jaula Spa combines botanical essences of jasmine, rose and ginger with European treatments like the aromassage (a mix of aromatherapy and massage), deep-tissue massage and contour cryotherapy facial. The Jaula Club, on the other hand, has plenty of additional facilities, such as a 25m (82ft), four-lane indoor lap pool and three outdoor pools, including a children’s pool and a beach that stretches 400m (1,312ft).
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.