Strolling along the seaside corniche, exploring shops in the souk, feasting on fresh tabbouleh salads and hummus at hole-in-the-wall restaurants – a trip to Beirut guarantees atmosphere. Naturally, after a day exploring the city’s diverse neighbourhoods and treasure-packed museums, a brilliant place to rest your head is non-negotiable. Whether you’re after an ultra-luxurious stay or trendy boutique lodgings, here are the best hotels in Beirut – all bookable on Culture Trip.
Beirut’s grand dame hotel Le Bristol is home to an opulent ballroom (the oldest in the city), a piano-studded lounge and fabulous gourmet cuisine – and yet don’t think this place is stuck in the past. With a sleek rooftop pool, lined with sunshine-yellow loungers, and ‘hipster’ rooms – where contemporary art mixes with parquet floors and traditional furniture – this Beirut hotel really does combine the best of old and new Lebanon.
The InterContinental occupies a prime location by the water, overlooking nodding boats in Beirut’s harbour and the popular corniche waterfront. The rooms at this luxury hotel in Beirut are classically elegant: dressed in hues of white and gold, with comfy seating areas, they overlook shimmering blue waters beyond. As for facilities? Expect both an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness centre and three restaurants (including one poolside) to choose from, perfect for travellers who demand plenty of choice in their holidays.
Looking for a stay with an intimate feel? Set in a home built in 1929, this Instagrammable spot, with Art Deco furnishings and soaring ceilings, combines classic Lebanese vibes with a perfectly on-trend bohemian atmosphere. The two twin rooms are bursts of colour – one in shades of blue, another in coral hues – and have been styled to perfection by host Jamil. You’re just a hop from trendy Gemmayze street, often called the Soho of Beirut.
Bright and airy, with a friendly feel and vine-coated terrace, Baffa House is a B&B made for artsy types: it’s right in Beirut’s creative district, Mar Mikhael. Colourful prints dot the walls of the bedrooms – with just four, this place feels pleasantly intimate – while pops of orange, blue and yellow team up with clean white-washed walls. It’s one of Beirut’s best hotels and the owners, a filmmaker and graphic designer, have brought their strong sense of design to every corner.
If you’re after a pad with real Lebanese flavour, try Beyt Mar Mikhael. At this apartment stay just off Beirut’s waterfront, intricate carpets hang on walls; geometric tiles line bathroom and bedroom; arched windows let sun pour in from a pretty, leafy terrace. It’s just a mile from popular Gemmayzeh street, but don’t head out to explore without enjoying the authentic Beirut breakfast first.
If you’re heading out of Beirut you could stay at one of the best hotels in Byblos, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.