Heading out for Brunch is one of the best weekend (or cheeky weekday) indulgences. Whether your preference is for the Full English, Full Welsh something a little lighter or a dish packed with superfoods, Swansea has an excellent choice of great brunch venues. Here’s our guide to the best 10 places to get breakfast in and around Swansea.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
One of a small chain of predominantly South Wales-based lounges, expect an extensive brunch menu served all day, taking inspiration from across the globe. Classics like Eggs Benedict sit comfortably alongside avocado on toasted sourdough, healthy grain-packed porridge, and the Triple Stacked Buttermilk Pancakes are certainly to be recommended. Specialist diets catered for.
The Cariad Cafe
This light and airy café located in the Penclawdd area of Swansea prides itself on using local Welsh ingredients. Enjoy a traditional Welsh breakfast, including the Welsh seaweed delicacy, laverbread and of course, Penclawdd’s famous cockles alongside great bacon, sausage and toast.
This welcoming café near Clydach to the north of the city offers a classic breakfast menu, great tea and coffee and super cakes. Small but well-composed menu with excellent pancakes.
The Beach Hut Cafe
With panoramic views across Swansea Bay, you can enjoy breakfast with a view. Mumbles Pier is one of the most recognisable sites on Gower, and the Beach Hut Cafe with its Victorian-style chandeliers offers a little haven from the weather. Good choice of breakfast dishes, with vegetarian and gluten-free choices (including toast) on offer.
Very much a student favourite, Sam’s Cafe serves up hearty, traditional breakfast, perfect for curing the results of overindulgence. Think baked beans, big mugs of tea and really generous portions.
The Cwtch, in central Swansea, offers a good breakfast menu and is conveniently located for exploring the city centre. Great coffee and superb toast.
Square Peg Coffee House
You are entering the land of hipster coffee shops when you visit this Sketty-based ethical coffee shop. The profits go to charity and the menu is very on-trend. Saturday brunch is served until 3pm, so perfect to visit after a lazy weekend lie-in.
Monster breakfasts, a real eating challenge – the famous Beast and Mega Beast breakfasts. The Mega Beast breakfast comprises 10 pieces of bacon, eight sausages, five eggs, chips, two hash browns, bubble and squeak, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, two black puddings, four slices of toast, four bread and butter, four fried bread, and one burger. Be prepared to leave feeling really, really stuffed!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.