When it comes to fashion, blogging is less of a trend and more of a lifestyle. As a perfect platform to purvey an array of styles, blogs enable the ability to explore the innovative musings of creative folk. So that you are both catwalk ready and trend savvy, step inside a fashion utopia and consult our Culture Trip roundup of the best Scottish fashion bloggers around!
Kingdom Of Style
Any fashion followers unaware of Kingdom Of Style might as well have been hiding under a rock. Say a stylish hello to art, design and ballet in this influential blog by two friends and fashion queens Michelle and Marie. An undeniable powerhouse and fashion go-to spot, KoS has been the holy grail of style blogging since 2006. Just two of the many accolades it has received include being deemed as one of the Top 10 Blogs In The World by the Telegraph and voted the Second Most Influential Blog in the UK by Vogue. Michelle has also been named by the Independent as one of the 100 Most Influential People In Online Fashion and one of the Top 10 Internet Icons by the Guardian.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Wardrobe Conversations is a hoot fused with captivating couture-related chat and banter between charming creatives Helen Macdonald and Kimberley Grahame. These gals met in Dundee, Scotland, and like setting eyes upon a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes, it was friendship at first sight. Established in 2013, Wardrobe Conversations pays particular attention to personal style tips and the championing of the latest local independent designers.
Since being established in 2011, thankfiffi has been a trusty go-to fashion blog. Based in the West end of Glasgow, Wendy H Gilmour is yet another glistening jewel to come from Scotland. From features in Vogue and Elle, to Marie Claire and Harper’s Bazaar.com, thankfifi is always on point. Effortlessly chic and always dressed to impress, Gilmour owes huge thanks to friend Fi who suggested she set up the blog in the first place.
Honey Pop Kisses
Those with a penchant for pink will fall weak at the knees over Honey Pop Kisses, a Scottish fashion and lifestyle blog by Amanda Davies. From her #pinkhairdontcare posts and bursts of bubblegum colored hues to a personal fondness for local independent designers, what’s not to love?
The Little Magpie
The Little Magpie is a fashion and travel blog worth watching out for. Channeling a rock star chic kind of look, Amy is as witty as she is effortlessly cool. From badass bomber jackets and band tees to hip hats and shades, reading through the ponderings of this lovely birdy is a treat every time.
Forever Yours Betty
Whether it’s the OOTD or riveting reviews of trending styles, you can’t help but listen intently to what this tangerine-haired extraordinaire has to say. What began as a pop-up vintage shop in 2011 is now one of Scotland’s most popular fashion and lifestyle blogs. From Boden and Topshop to Harris Tweed, Gap, Boohoo, Mink Pink, Isolated Heroes, Pretavoir and Radley (to name a few), Forever Yours Betty has been a part of countless collaborations. Those who like to live life in full color will appreciate the kaleidoscope tones celebrated by her.
Forever Amber has trusty tribes of loyal fashion followers forever on a scramble to see what posts pop up next. From her enviable shoe collection and 50s inspired dresses to adventures, thoughts and advice, Amber’s musings could not be more eloquently put. A true wizard of words and an undeniable trendsetter, Amber McNaught is a journalist turned blogger whose fashion accounts keep you strutting back for more.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.